Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
There will be a large, like 3'x5' yellow banner with large black "K1600" . Gary had it made for the MOA Rally in NY in '16 and it's been flying at every rally since.

Duane
As the rally gets closer and I receive more information from the Chartered Club Chairman I will post the location of our camping and tent area on the fairgrounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
As the rally gets closer and I receive more information from the Chartered Club Chairman I will post the location of our camping and tent area on the fairgrounds.
Excellent! That tent will be very easy for us near sighted R1250 GSA riders to find!

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I received an email today from the club camping director. Tents will be hard to come by at the venue in Great Falls. They are checking on getting some out of Missoula and will let me know later on that source. I will need to give them a count on how many people and tenters will be in our area by May. We have a couple months yet but if you know for sure what your lodging accommodations will be and haven't marked the poll please do so.
Thanks
Jim

Reactions: Gunnert

·
Mr.Fix It
6,890 Posts
Jim, I'll be at the rally but not camping. I'll be contributing to the "tent fund".

Duane

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Jim, I'll be at the rally but not camping. I'll be contributing to the "tent fund".

Duane
Right now it looks like tent rental will be north of $1,000. I'm waiting for a second vendor's quote.

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
I've got a 12x12 easy up. Not quite like tents of the past, but it would be free.
Thanks Matt. I wonder if any of the other RVers could bring an EZ UP. I know we had a bad experience with one being wrecked by high winds but what's the chance of that happening again. Another thought would be to purchase more of those and if you have room in your trailer (I assume you are pulling that behind your motorhome) we could have them sent to you for delivery. If not we could purchase and have them shipped to the fairgrounds. 4 of the 10X10 would be $400. This would be the same as a 20X20 that the rental place wants $900 rent and we would own them.

There wouldn't be room for tents to be pitched under them but that's OK it's more for shade or to keep any rain out for a gathering. Food for thought.

Reactions: Prince

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
Thanks Matt. I wonder if any of the other RVers could bring an EZ UP. I know we had a bad experience with one being wrecked by high winds but what's the chance of that happening again. Another thought would be to purchase more of those and if you have room in your trailer (I assume you are pulling that behind your motorhome) we could have them sent to you for delivery. If not we could purchase and have them shipped to the fairgrounds. 4 of the 10X10 would be $400. This would be the same as a 20X20 that the rental place wants $900 rent and we would own them.

There wouldn't be room for tents to be pitched under them but that's OK it's more for shade or to keep any rain out for a gathering. Food for thought.

That would be fine with me. I will definitely have room for them in the trailer. It would work best to ship them to my home well ahead of the rally. If it would work best, I can just buy them and bring them. Whoever pitches in can help pay me back once we are in Great Falls.

Matt

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Might want to consider something like this

Reactions: Darbinco

·
Q
5,251 Posts
Absolutely, I was thinking the same thing.
Sturdier than 4 separate tents put together and probably doesnt take up much more room to store or transport. Plus.. no leaking every ten feet incase it rained and no more worries about rental tents every year.

I cant make it to all these rallys but I would willing to kick in 50 bucks on something like this if the group thinks it would be the best option. It would however lay the responsibility on Matt to bring it to the Rally(s) but if he is willing, then I think it would be a good investment.

@Arizona Jim
1000 bucks is too much money for a rental, we could almost own 2 of the above for that.

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I agree this would be better than 4 of the 10X10 EZ Ups. Victor already offered up $200 towards rental so this would be a better deal.

Matt do you want to order one of these and we can start PayPaling you? I'm sure there will be enough of us arriving early and can put this up when you get there with it.

Reactions: Gunnert

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
I agree this would be better than 4 of the 10X10 EZ Ups. Victor already offered up $200 towards rental so this would be a better deal.

Matt do you want to order one of these and we can start PayPaling you? I'm sure there will be enough of us arriving early and can put this up when you get there with it.
Yes, I can get one ordered. Let's figure out who is willing to pitch in and how the finances look on it. I guess this means we will "have" to come to future rallys!! :D

Looks like with shipping, the cost is $681. The site says no tax, but if there is, it would add an additional 7%.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Let's figure out who is willing to pitch in and how the finances look on it.
Looks like with shipping, the cost is $681. The site says no tax, but if there is, it would add an additional 7%.
I'm in for $50.

Don't forget to ask for a "good guy" discount.
If we are an official Chartered Club, we might qualify as a non-profit.

Joe

·
Boom
669 Posts
I’m in for $50.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
I’m in for $50 !!

·
Soupa Mod
2,438 Posts
I am in for $50 and I know Dave x 2 plus Marty plus Ron will likely contribute

·
Steve's Brother
6,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I'm in for $50 So that's $500 pledged already(including Victors $200). I contacted Victor and told him to hold off on his $200 pledge until we see how much we get from other folks.

Matt, if you want to PM us your PayPal account we can start sending you money.

We just got accepted as an MOA Chartered Club #CC374 K1600 Forum. I'm not sure that qualifies as a non-profit and I'm sure not going to start filling out Government documents.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
We just got accepted as an MOA Chartered Club #CC374 K1600 Forum. I'm not sure that qualifies as a non-profit and I'm sure not going to start filling out Government documents.
I don't think you'd have to prove it.
Either way; Looks like we'll have enough to cover it.

?

Joe

61 - 80 of 115 Posts