Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I just got a new email from the chartered club chairman and they found a new tent rental place that will deliver, setup and tear down a 20 X 20 for $400. I let him know what our plans were but told him I would relay this new info and get back to him with our final decision.

So..……..what do Ya'll think? Especially Matt.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
I say rent for the $400. Too much to ask anyone to be responsible for the storage, transport and upkeep of something of that size. It’s still going to take up a lot of space. Plus we know it will get covered in Amsoil stickers before the rally anyway! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
I vote rent.

Duane
I can see benefits either way. Rent and someone else sets it up and tears it down, nobody has to store it or bring it with them to the rallys. Buy it and we never rent it again but we will have to set up/haul it.

I'm good either way, I will still pitch in.

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
OK per the general consensus I've left a voice message and email with the tent rental place asking for one of the reserved 20 X 20 tents. Once I hear back I'll ask about side walls. Thanks for every ones input.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Sturdier than 4 separate tents put together and probably doesnt take up much more room to store or transport. Plus.. no leaking every ten feet incase it rained and no more worries about rental tents every year.
There are ways to set them up to avoid the rain problem....you can fold the canopy edge up 4-6" on one corner and 0" on the other corner and you've basically made a gutter. Most of the rain running off the canopy will be caught in that and will be channeled to one end and out. It may not catch it all, bit it catches most of it.

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I was able to talk to an office person at the tent rental place and she took down our information. I am waiting for a call back to finalize the reservation and pay for the rental. I will put in on my credit card and then we can work on paying me back.

·
Premium Member
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
We're in. I got the call today and a 20 X 20 tent/canopy for $400 is reserved in my name for the K1600 forum. I forgot to ask about side curtains but will later. Folks that want to kick in can do so via PayPal [email protected] Just put "tent" in the comment section or you can donate at the rally, your choice. Right now we have 48 folks saying they will be there so you guys do the math.

I'm headed out to play poker with the neighbors so who knows I may win enough to pay for it :p at a $10 buy in doubt it.

Edit: I won $13 so that's something.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
We're in. I got the call today and a 20 X 20 tent/canopy for $400 is reserved in my name for the K1600 forum. I forgot to ask about side curtains but will later. Folks that want to kick in can do so via PayPal [email protected] Just put "tent" in the comment section or you can donate at the rally, your choice. Right now we have 48 folks saying they will be there so you guys do the math.

I'm headed out to play poker with the neighbors so who knows I may win enough to pay for it :p at a $10 buy in doubt it.
[/QU
Sent a C $ Note to you

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I'm in on the tent too. I've bring cash to the rally.
This may have been mentioned already, but for those on the West Coast there are extremely enticing rides to Great Falls that also take in the Chief Joseph Rally the weekend before the national rally, as this article on the BMWMOA website attests...
If anyone happens to be passing thru Medford OR the day or 2 before the Chief Joseph Rally begins in John Day OR, be sure to PM me. I've got garage space and bedroom space. Plus the superb Hansen's BMW in Medford is just 10 minutes away if you've put off getting that set of tires.

81 - 100 of 115 Posts