BMW K1600 Forum banner

Will You be Attending the 2021 TTD??

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2021 BMW’s Tame the Tail of the Dragon (TTD) IS ON!!!

And-Yes, we are in the Dec MOA On Magazine…

If you KEPT your reservations for the 2020 TTD canceled because of COVID-19 they are good for the 2021 TTD Event.
You will get the IHML 2020 Lodging Rate.

I will have more to come.

Have to run off to the OR.

Best,
Doc (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
It's on my list of things to do in 2021 which will be a composite of 2020 and 2021 rides.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Hey Paul Just ship your K1600 south and fly down like all the snowbirds are doing this winter!

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
Hey Paul Just ship your K1600 south and fly down like all the snowbirds are doing this winter!
If the border is still closed, he can ride it over to Sarnia, let it float down the St. Clair river where I’ll catch it down stream, and he can swim over. 😆

·
Scammer Hammer
3,048 Posts
If the border is still closed, he can ride it over to Sarnia, let it float down the St. Clair river where I’ll catch it down stream, and he can swim over. 😆
lol....ok but naw...too old for that smuggling chit. :)

I am really hoping that things turn around covid style in the next 5 months.

·
KBiK
1,842 Posts
I’ll be there if I can be COVID vaccinated

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I'll ride over there from the house! 😁 I'm about an hour and half from Iron Horse. Plus it means I'll have to Tame the Dragon several times in a day!! 🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The 2021 BMW’s Tame the Tail of the Dragon

There is No Registration.
(Like most things: 90% of Life is Just Showing Up.)

EVENT: 2021 BMW’s Tame the Tail of the Dragon
Location: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge & Resort, Stecoah, NC ( https://ironhorsenc.com )
Dates: Wednesday 28th April too Sunday 2nd May 2021 (There will be an Organizers Ride on Wensday, 28th April. All riders/ participants are welcome to participate.)
BMW Motorrad Sponsor: Touring Sport of Greenville, SC (Touring Sport: Motorcycle Dealers in SC | BMW, Ducati, Triumph & Zero! )

Grand Prize Drawings for Riders & Pillon: High End KLIM Jacket & BMW AllAround Boots (TBA)
Helmets: Required
Motorcycle Rental: https://wolfcreekrentals.us
Motorcycle Tires & Repair: Wheelers Performance ( https://www.wheelersperformance.com )

(FYI: The IHML has changed their room rates. Those that have already scheduled for the Canceled 2020 TTD will receive the lower 2020 room stay rates.)

Tentative Schedule for the 2021 TTD
-Tuesday,
27th of April 2021: Organizers Arrive
-Wednesday, 28th of April 2021: Organizers Group Ride- Open to All Riders. Recommended Arrival Date!!
-Thursday, 29th of April 2021: Group Rides- Regular & Spirited Group Rides; Meet & Greet at 6PM (Name Tags Welcome) with Free Heineken Keg
-Friday, 30th of May 2021: Group Rides- Spirited, Regular, Couples and Scenic Group Rides; Evening Events after/ during dinner- Presentation of Gifts to Sponsors; Sponsor Cake; 50/50 (Must be present to Win) & Free Heineken Keg
-Saturday, 1st of May 2021: Line up Bikes in front of IHML & Participants Photo- 8:30 to 9AM-This year please stand next to ride ; Group Rides- Spirited, Regular, Couples and Scenic Group Rides; Evening Events after dinner- Grand Prize Drawing for Riders & Pillions (Release Required/ Must be present to Win) & whatever is left of the Heineken Keg
-Sunday, 2nd May 2021: DEPARTURE

Group Rides: Four Categories of Group Rides- Spirited, Regular, Couples and Scenic; See the area with a RoadCaptain/ Leader & TailGunner (Weather & traffic permitting);
(All Experienced Riders are Welcome)

The Four Group Rides listed are in Increased Level of Difficulty of the Mountain Roads Traveled, Faster Pace, Increased Length, Fewer Stops and the Greatest Level of Experience Required for Mountain Twisty Riding. Do not know which Group Ride to participate in?? Here is a link: Issues from K1600'Tame the Tail of the Dragon #1. Most Mountain Riders should consider the Couples or Regular Group Rides. Spirited rides can cover almost 300 miles in a day.

To participate in the Group Rides or be Eligible for the Grand Prizes you must fill out a Release Form. Release forms are available upon arrival or each day prior to the Group Rides. Signing the Release Form Enters You for the Grand Prize(s) Drawing for the KLIM Jacket (Rider) or BMW All-around boots (Pillon) on Saturday Night at the IHML. You do not have to participate in the Group Rides to be eligible for the Grand Prize. You do have to sign a Release Form to have a chance to win one of the Grand Prizes. Data from the Release Forms will not be distributed out to anyone. All group rides depart from the IHML. Time of Departure is TBA by Group Ride Leader but, is usually starts with the Spirited Group at 8:30 AM & finishes with the Scenic Group at 9:30AM. Garmin gpx files of the Groups route are usually available on-line a few weeks before the TTD Event.

Food: IHML offers Breakfast & Dinner. If you are staying at the IHML they will E-Mail out a menu for the dinners (usually a week before your arrival). Breakfast preferences are filled out upon arrival.

For those BMW’s Tame the Tail of the Dragon (TTD) participants that plan on staying at another facility/ location but, desire to eat at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge-
YES, YOU CAN eat at the IHML.

Yes, normally you cannot eat at the IHML unless you are actually staying there. However we were able to work it out so, if you are staying elsewhere & desire to eat at the IHML all you will have to do is give them an E-mail ( [email protected] ) or call at 828-479-3864. One must be a participant of the 2019 TTD to receive this benefit. Or, just tell them “Doc Sent Me.” The IHML will request your E-Mail/ phone # & send you a Dinner preference sheet for the days you plan to be there for dinner. Fill out the form, return it & you are set. Saturday Night Prime Rib at the IHML is pretty good.

What accommodation are AVAILABLE/ OPEN AT THE IHML RIGHT as of 12/14/2021!!!

1 Conestoga Wagons w/twin beds $99/night +tax
1 Conestoga Wagons w/king beds $99/night +tax
Big Bear Luxury Cabin (New this Season: DELUX Private Cabin) 2 King Bedrooms, 4 bedrooms w/2 twins. Lots of space in downstairs for blow up beds. $1250.00/night +tax
5 Beds in 1 Bunkhouse Bed $29.95/night + tax
1 RV sites Full Hook Up $45.00/night
9 (110 volt) campsites $25.00/ 1 person
Lots of Tent Camping

If you cannot get a reservation at the IHML consider Quality Inn of Robbinsville ( https://www.choicehotels.com/north-carolina/robbinsville/quality-inn-hotels/nc894?source=gyxt ), Phillips Motel ( Phillips Motel Robbinsville North Carolina | Home-style motel in the Smoky Mountains ), Two Wheel Inn ( https://twowheelinn.com ), or Tapoco Lodge ( https://tapoco.com ).

Our event occurs at the same time as the Mini Rally at the Fontana Village ( https://www.minisonthedragon.com ) & the Thunder in Smoky’s in Maggie Valley (1 of 3; https://handlebarcorral.com ).

This is a Private Event. Please No Copyrighted Photography!! There is a Professional Photographer On Site but, any & all SD cards of the event are appreciated.

(All Experienced Mountain Riders are Welcome!!)

Consider donating something (new or near new) to the TTD 50/50.
Yes, you do not have to be riding a BMW….

Yes, we have a "Facebook" page;
HTTPS://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/K1600DG/

No Public Drunkenness Allowed!

The TTD Is What We Make It To Be…

See You in the Mountains,

Doc(y)(y)

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just noticed that the dates on the attached flyer in the OP refer to April 27 AND 28 both as a Wednesday....but maybe with enough speed one could bend space time a little to make this possible...but not likely on the Dragon. :D

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
I so want to make to one of these. If it’s still going I’m planning on 2022. This next spring we already have a trip planned and will pass through a few weeks earlier. It might be too wintery at that time, but we’ll stop and ride if it’s nice. Hope for everyone with plans to attend that it comes off without a hitch and everyone has safe travels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In bunk house 1. I usually camp at IHML, but wanting to ride light this time. See you all there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 128 Posts