BMW K1600 Forum banner

Will You be Attending the 2021 TTD??

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
THERE IS NO REGISTRATION for the 2021 TTD!!!!
(90% of Life is just showing up...)

If you DESIRE TO BE ELIGIBLE for the TTD GRAND PRIZE (KLIM Kodiak Jacket) or PILLON GRAND PRIZE (BMW Allround boots) then,
you will have to
FILL OUT a TTD RELEASE FORM AT THE 2021 TTD!!!

RIDER GRAND PRIZE:

PILLON GRAND PRIZE:

At the time the rider or pillion FILLs out the TTD RELEASE FORM YOU WILL BE GIVEN A TICKET FOR ONE OF THE GRAND PRIZES. Only ONE TICKET per PARTICIPANT, NO TTD Grand Prize tickets will be given out AFTER SATURDAY NIGHT (2 nd April 2021) and YOU MUST BE PRESNT TO WIN.
Don’t worry if you loose your ticket we are keeping a list of ticket numbers and their corresponding TTD participant.

AS A TTD PARTICIPANT IF WANT TO GET A GRAND PRIZE TICKET please look for:

MATT KROK

or, AL & JAN STRICKLAND

Matt, Al & Jan will be available AT THE IRON HORSE MOTORCYCLE LODGE MAIN DINING ROOM AREA in the mornings at breakfast’s, dinner’s and before group rides.

TTD Partispants that have won the Grand Prize(s) in the past 5 TTD Events are not eligable to win.
Please do not participate in the Group rides if you have not filled out a TTD RELEASE FORM!!!
Yes, you can fill out a TTD Release Form and not partispate in the Group Rides.
These TTD RELEASE FORM are only utilized for the 2021 TTD Event.
If you desire further contact please see the Touring Sport Sponsor Representative, Shane Seymour, who has a phone app you can complete.

We also give away Prizes for the Riders that Travel the Farthest to get to the 2021 TTD Event: USA & Other Countries so,
your address of travel origin to get to the 2021 TTD will be on your TTD RELEASE FORM.
Yes, we verify your data. Matt Krok is a Police Officer.
Best,

Doc (y) (y)

·
Registered
59 Posts

TTD Partispants that have won the Grand Prize(s) in the past 5 TTD Events are not eligable to win.
Since this is the 6th year of the TDD, does that make the inaugural 2016 winner eligible this year. That would be nice. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Travman,

This will actually be the 5th TTD. The 2022 TTD Event was canceled due to COVID-19. Therefore, we have had 4 winners of the Grand Prize KLIM jacket.
Since, you were the 1st winner of the Grand Prize KLIM jacket you would not be eligible to win until NEXT YEAR's TTD Event.

Best,

Doc :unsure: :unsure:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Travman,

This will actually be the 5th TTD. The 2020 TTD Event was canceled due to COVID-19. Therefore, we have had 4 winners of the Grand Prize KLIM jacket.
Since, you were the 1st winner of the Grand Prize KLIM jacket you would not be eligible to win until NEXT YEAR's TTD Event.

Best,

Technicalities, technicalities......**** covid!!!!

·
Registered
2012 K1600 GT
14 Posts
So, I’m a newbie to BMW motorcycles and this forum. I purchased a 2012 K1600GT in January (9400mls, like new), but have been around bikes for over 50 years. We live in Knoxville and were thinking about attending the TTD for at least one day, maybe more. I would like meet other K16 owners, check out their rides, pick a brain or two, and ride with you guys and see where my skill level with this bike is. Putting faces with the forum members.

Originally the thought was to ride up on a daily basis, 2+ hours each way across Deals Gap and then ride most of the day, not sure how that is going to work out. Is there anyone else that lives in my direction that is planning on riding in for the day?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Welcome. There are several TN riders who join and can better comment. Most the organized groups leave +/- 9am, returning between 4-5pm. There are certainly exceptions. Usually the schedule/groups are posted here before the event.

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
I can bring some of my Ramball steering head mounts to the TTD if anyone is interested. There will be no shipping costs so the prices will be $20 for the version with the BMW logo and $15 for the silver disc model.

Let me know if you're interested so that I bring enough of each.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
So, I’m a newbie to BMW motorcycles and this forum. I purchased a 2012 K1600GT in January (9400mls, like new), but have been around bikes for over 50 years. We live in Knoxville and were thinking about attending the TTD for at least one day, maybe more. I would like meet other K16 owners, check out their rides, pick a brain or two, and ride with you guys and see where my skill level with this bike is. Putting faces with the forum members.

Originally the thought was to ride up on a daily basis, 2+ hours each way across Deals Gap and then ride most of the day, not sure how that is going to work out. Is there anyone else that lives in my direction that is planning on riding in for the day?
I live in Lenoir City and planning on riding over most days probably not all of them though.
If you want to meet up and ride over with me that would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think there needs to be another option on the poll..I want to attend but BMW will not sell me a motorcycle😀

I may be attending but not sure, with the stop sale it is hard to make any plans. I would like to attend to see all the mods and individual owner touches.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can bring some of my Ramball steering head mounts to the TTD if anyone is interested. There will be no shipping costs so the prices will be $20 for the version with the BMW logo and $15 for the silver disc model.

Yes, Sir! I would love one of your BMW logo mounts! Thank you, Dan

·
Registered
172 Posts

Hi Jim, add me to the list for the logo one. Do you install also

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #95

Meet and Greet: 29th of April 2021-Thursday Night

TTD Participants have the opportunity meet some of your K1600 Forum Members/Riders at our “Meet and Greet”Thursday Night-29th of April 2021 starting about 5:30 PM. Name tags can be obtained from KJ Miller who is located a RV Slot # 4 where you can also purchase the 2021 TTD shirt(s). A large TTD Banner is located on the deck of his large RV.
A FREE KEG of INNOVATION BLONDE LAGAR BEER is available for your consumption.
A real opportunity to pick the brains of BMW motorcycle owners and get to see some net mod's.
If you are real friendly, someone might even be willing to reset your bikes service light with a GS-911.

Best,

Doc (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Something else to consider, for those riders who are at, or near, the 60,000 mile mark on their machines and are still operating with the original low beam headlight. If you're not inclined to do it yourself, be proactive and bring a new replacement bulb and have it swapped out by one of the many members in attendance who have done this before. I bring this up only because my bulb went out last week (at exactly 60K miles) and with the guidance provided by Arizona Jim in a prior post, I was able to save a significant amount of $$ by changing it myself. Only tools needed are a torque wrench and 27mm socket. It can be a little clunky doing this the first time, but someone with experience can probably do it for you in about 15-20 minutes. Just a thought.

Reactions: RoverDan and Prince

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Djthompson,

We used to do a "Farkle Day". This was were K1600 Forum Members would assit in the installation of accessories. Could not get volunteers so, most of the work was done by myself. Easy to understand why. Many riders travel long distances to get to the TTD. In 2019 we had a guy travel all the way from California (>2,300 miles round trip). So, participants last choice is to be working on someone elses bike. If you would like to volunteer your services for such an install at the 2021 TTD please let me know.

Best,

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Doc, I applaud all the effort you put into this event, year in and year out! It makes a big difference! I wasn't trying to burden others unnecessarily. I have attended all previous TTD's but my availability this year is going to depend on the weather, and whether or not I can snag a campground at the last minute. I do not have a reservation that carried over from last years event. If I come I will certainly bring all of the requisite tools to perform this maintenance item and will gladly assist with the install. I understand the premium placed on cargo space, particularly for long distance travelers. The bulb itself is compact, and if cargo space is unavailable the alternative is to buy one locally (Robbinsville) at an auto parts store. I believe I paid around $60 for the bulb on Amazon. If I understand correctly from other posts, if you buy the BMW bulb and pay the service charge to have it replaced, you're looking at close to $300 overall. Quite a cost savings, particularly for an old retired guy like me! I view this maintenance item as similar to the front wheel bearing. Being proactive, rather than waiting for it to break down (and it will break down on you at some point) allows you to enjoy several more years of uninterrupted riding time!

Regards,
Dave

Reactions: RoverDan

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
I can bring my torque wrench and socket if there is any interest in doing the bulb install.

Reactions: RoverDan
81 - 100 of 128 Posts