101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #101

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Choose the "D1S" version at the same link.

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
Matt, so will you have a torque wrench that will do 90 nm/ lbft or whatever that torque is and the large socket?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have a message into Iron Horse to check availability. Unless it's a luxury RV, wife won't do the tent thing anymore! LOL.

Reactions: capav8r

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Doc, yes, that is the right link. Torque is 66 ft lbs. The socket size is 27mm.

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
27 mm or 1 1/16" socket. Preferably a 6 point one.
90nm of torque on the nut per the service manual DVD

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Are You

BEFORE departing for the 2021 TTD it is important to determine if your bike ready to go. Consider taking your bike to a BMW Motorrad Dealer for inspection and/or check it out yourself. Make sure your tires and brakes are good. You may travel >1,000 miles over the TTD event. The 1st TTD in 2016 there were 6 riders that needed tires. If for some reason you require service TS has certified mechanics that can assist. While at the IHML and require tires consider Wheelers Performance in Robbinsville, NC (Wheelers Performance - Robbninsville NC – Full Service Motorcycle Parts and Repair Shop for Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner28).

Wheeler is aware we are coming.

Best,

Doc (y) (y)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Figures. This is 340 miles from me, but I have a Cub Scout campout that weekend.

·
Super Moderator
1,322 Posts
For me it's about a 12 1/2 hr ride at around 800 miles. Anyone coming from the Northeast?

·
KBiK
1,842 Posts
950 miles for me, but that is direct so I’ll be taking the long way :sneaky:

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
KBiK
1,842 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
80 miles for me...🤣
The real sucky part, I have to ride the Dragon to and from the house to get to IHR and part of the Moonshiner! UGH! 🤪

·
KBiK
1,842 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,871 Posts
Jim,
I’ll see you on 1,800 miles and raise another by 500
On my trip home I’ll be going up to Iowa so I’m sure I can see your 500 on the round trip mileage. You can’t use your meandering around for the long distance award.

·
Registered
218 Posts
So, I’m a newbie to BMW motorcycles and this forum. I purchased a 2012 K1600GT in January (9400mls, like new), but have been around bikes for over 50 years. We live in Knoxville and were thinking about attending the TTD for at least one day, maybe more. I would like meet other K16 owners, check out their rides, pick a brain or two, and ride with you guys and see where my skill level with this bike is. Putting faces with the forum members.

Originally the thought was to ride up on a daily basis, 2+ hours each way across Deals Gap and then ride most of the day, not sure how that is going to work out. Is there anyone else that lives in my direction that is planning on riding in for the day?
I'll be at Fontana Village already for the MOA weekend getaway that's happening the weekend prior, but would gladly meet you somewhere and ride back over from where we meet.

101 - 120 of 128 Posts