BMW K1600 Forum banner

Will You be Attending the 2021 TTD??

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Heck if guys are willing to do this I will be in line. Got almost 48K on my 2016 GTLE. Just give me the link of what bulb to purchase. Then, some afternoon I will turn my bike over to y'all.

Is this the link??/ item: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00480KP6...lid=357T6QJ6EE1T0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it# or https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00265FXT...olid=357T6QJ6EE1T0&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Best,

Doc :unsure: :unsure:
Put me in the lineup too if you would. Ordering the bulb as I type. I see that the lens is getting a little cloudy as well, is there a good method to cleaning it up at the same time?

·
Registered
2012 K1600 GT
14 Posts
I'll be at Fontana Village already for the MOA weekend getaway that's happening the weekend prior, but would gladly meet you somewhere and ride back over from where we meet.
Are You

BEFORE departing for the 2021 TTD it is important to determine if your bike ready to go. Consider taking your bike to a BMW Motorrad Dealer for inspection and/or check it out yourself. Make sure your tires and brakes are good. You may travel >1,000 miles over the TTD event. The 1st TTD in 2016 there were 6 riders that needed tires. If for some reason you require service TS has certified mechanics that can assist. While at the IHML and require tires consider Wheelers Performance in Robbinsville, NC (Wheelers Performance - Robbninsville NC – Full Service Motorcycle Parts and Repair Shop for Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, and Moonshiner28).

Wheeler is aware we are coming.

Best,

Doc (y) (y)

Tires: Check

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #123

Kevin & Stephanie (qbird66) joined in as we checked out the roads for the 2021 TTD. Glad we went up because there are really some roads that are in great condition and others you will want to avoid. Good to get out and revitalize those mountain riding skills. Kevin, the BaseCamp Zen Master will be putting together all the routes & lunch stops for the event. Yes, a few weeks before the 2021 TTD you will be able to get these routes as gpx files and download them into your Garmin. I will discus the Group Rides (Spirited, Regular, Couples & Scenic) in another post.

It was bit cold (30’s) in the mornings. Fortunately, Jan & Al Strickland (alstrickland55) picked us up Friday & Saturday night and drove us to dinner. By Sunday the weather had started to improve.

Look forward to seeing everyone in less than a month.

Best,

Doc (y) (y)

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
There is a room that just recently opened up for the 2021 TTD. Cabin room #102 where you share a bathroom and there is no TV is now available for Friday & Saturday night. If you are looking for a room at the 2021 TTD or want to change your room this is what is available. Best,

Doco_Oo_O

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Schedule for the 2021 TTD

-Tuesday, 27th of April 2021: Organizers Arrive

-Wednesday, 28th of April 2021: Organizers Group Ride- Open to All Riders. Recommended Arrival Date!!

-Thursday, 29th of April 2021: Group Rides- Regular & Spirited Group Rides; Meet & Greet at 5:30PM (Name Tags Welcome) with FREE Innovations Blonde Lager Keg

-Friday, 30th of May 2021: Group Rides- Spirited, Regular, Couples and Scenic Group Rides; 50/50 starts at 5:30 (Must be present to Win); Evening Events after/ during dinner include Presentation of Gifts to Sponsors; FREE Sponsor (Touring Sport) Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream; & FREE Innovations Blonde Lager Keg

-Saturday, 1st of May 2021: Line up Bikes with Riders Pillons in front of IHML for Photo- 8:00 to 8:30 AM- This year ALL PARTICIPANTS please stand next to your ride for a Big Group Shot; Group Rides- Spirited, Regular, Couples and Scenic Group Rides; Evening Events after dinner- Grand Prize Drawing for Riders & Pillions (Release Required/ Must be present to Win) & whatever is left of the Innovations Blonde Lager Keg

-Sunday, 2nd May 2021: DEPARTURE

Dining schedule for the IHML can be found here: https://ironhorsenc.com/facilities

See You in the Mountains,

Doc(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
30th April 2021 at the TTD-FRIDAY Night

- 50/50 TTD Event:

Festivities at the TTD on Friday Night- 30th April 2021 begin just before dinner at 5-5:30 PM with a 50/50 drawing. TTD Participants can purchase 50/50 tickets ($5/each or 5 for $20-CASH ONLY) before the event but, once the 50/50 begins no further ticket sales occur.
YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!!!

We request all participants of the 2021 TTD consider donating new or near new items to our 50/50 (>$10 value).
The TTD is what we make It.
Please put a name tag on your 50/50 item if you desire to be recognized by the Auctioneer.
While you're waiting for the TTD 50/50 to begin enjoy the FREE Innovations Blonde Lager Keg.

Masters of Ceremonies for the TTD 50/50 are

Jim Ranson, Attorney at Law/Auctioneer and his wife Amy.

This year the New Owners of the IHML, Jerry & Natasha have donated

as the TTD 50/50
GRAND PRIZE:

THREE NIGHT STAY FOR THE ENTIRE HOMESTEAD CABIN
THAT’S THREE ROOMS AND BATHS

(https://ironhorsenc.com/old-homestead )

$1,400 Value
(TO EXPIRE 11-01-22)

Other items that are available for 50/50 winners include items donated by the IHML, TS, TTD participants and others. Some other prime items given out throughout the 50/50 event include for consideration a 1.75 Liter Bottles of Johnny Walker Black, a couple of $100 Gift certificates from Revzilla and Matt-capav8r has donated (2) 5 quart bundles of Amsoil 10W-40 oil you can get at the event or he will mail them to you.
So, buy lots & lots of tickets to improve your chances of winning.

At the finally a single 50/50 ticket is drawn.

The winner will receive 50% of the 50/50 ticket sales.
The other 50% is given to the staff of the IHML.
(Winners of the TTD 50/50 cash prize & IHML Grand Prize are exempt from winning for the next 5 years.)

-TTD Sponsor Gift Exchange & FREE Cake & Ice Cream

At the completion of dinner there is an Exchange of TTD Sponsors gifts.
Then, enjoy the FREE TS TTD Cake with FREE vanilla ice-cream from the IHML for dessert.

Best,

Doc(y) (y)

121 - 128 of 128 Posts