BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2022 GT and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to activate or engage the floor lighting? I know I paid for it on the bike as it is shown as an option included in the multiple packages ordered however it may be possible I turned it off somehow in the settings? Any ideas? I have read the manual and cannot find a thing pertaining to how to actually activate it.

Thanks - FYI - if anyone is thinking about adding the HeliBar risers - don't wait - what a difference if you are 6 feet tall or shorter, pushed the bars up a 1/2 inch and back 3/4 towards you - amazing!
I had Maranello BMW do the install today for me in an hour - nice group of people there ( walter in service gets it )

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Would this be it " Headlight Courtesy Delay Feature " - it would stay on for 60 seconds?
I thought I could find something aptly named Floor Lighting but I cannot in the manual
Motor vehicle Font Material property Automotive design Screenshot

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Was it dark when you tested it? I'm pretty sure I did not do anything special to activate it. When I unlock the bike via the FOB, it comes on automatically - but only if it's dark
This is also my experience, although it's not very bright, but if you're looking to shore up soft ground with a branch or rock when parking in the wilderness in the middle of the night it will do the job.

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I only discovered mine when I loosened the lower panels to get to the heat shields. The light stays on for a minute when you turn off the ignition, as does the phone charger.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I keep the bike in the garage so tonight when it is darker I will try the unlock with the fob and see if it comes on. THe dealer called today and said it was part of the ground lighting settings in settings. SO I ran down and of course could not find anything even close to that on the TFT using settings or Vehicle. I will get this worted out one way or another :)

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
If it was a dealer add-on they may have forgotten to enable the menu item. It is disabled by default and is supposed to be enabled when the light kit is installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts