BMW K1600 Forum banner

2022 Floor Lighting - How do you activate or deactivate?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TouringTim 
#1 ·
I just picked up my 2022 GT and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to activate or engage the floor lighting? I know I paid for it on the bike as it is shown as an option included in the multiple packages ordered however it may be possible I turned it off somehow in the settings? Any ideas? I have read the manual and cannot find a thing pertaining to how to actually activate it.

Thanks - FYI - if anyone is thinking about adding the HeliBar risers - don't wait - what a difference if you are 6 feet tall or shorter, pushed the bars up a 1/2 inch and back 3/4 towards you - amazing!
I had Maranello BMW do the install today for me in an hour - nice group of people there ( walter in service gets it )

#4 ·
Was it dark when you tested it? I'm pretty sure I did not do anything special to activate it. When I unlock the bike via the FOB, it comes on automatically - but only if it's dark
This is also my experience, although it's not very bright, but if you're looking to shore up soft ground with a branch or rock when parking in the wilderness in the middle of the night it will do the job.

#5 ·
I only discovered mine when I loosened the lower panels to get to the heat shields. The light stays on for a minute when you turn off the ignition, as does the phone charger.

#6 ·
I keep the bike in the garage so tonight when it is darker I will try the unlock with the fob and see if it comes on. THe dealer called today and said it was part of the ground lighting settings in settings. SO I ran down and of course could not find anything even close to that on the TFT using settings or Vehicle. I will get this worted out one way or another :)

#7 ·
If it was a dealer add-on they may have forgotten to enable the menu item. It is disabled by default and is supposed to be enabled when the light kit is installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.