BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
@scojoe: It's hard (for me) to explain :). I'll try - I could not push the exhaust any further forward than I did because the place where the Remus connects to the cat - the sleeve on the Remus is short than the stock one, so I'm simply not able to push the Remus all the way toward the bump on the cat. All small illustration :)

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

In the illustration - if you push the Remus over the cat, you will not be able to push it all the way. On the stock one you can + you have more room for adjustment of the left+ right side.

Furthermore, I suspect that one of my cat's (the right one), either 1) sits a bit further back than the other or 2) the connector pipe on the cat is a bit longer than the other. Like so (exaggerated):
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

Because the connecting sleeve on the Remus is so short, it's really hard to adjust the left and the right hand side. The left hand side took me less than 30 min. to install + the rubber grommet on the Remus fits nicely over the peg on the bike. The right side took me 2+ hours and the rubber grommet doesn't even cover the end of the peg on the bike.

Left:
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Grey Vehicle door

Car Automotive design Vehicle Personal luxury car Steering part

I simply can't push the right hand side any further forward (and I used quite a lot of force) - due to the short "sleeve". So it's actually sitting a bit to far back - which also meant that I could hardly fit the bolts through the bracket and into the exhaust. Not sure it makes sense, but at least I've tried to explain it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
@onkeldunkel
Okay, I'm now understanding you may have more than one issue other than the Remus muffler sleeve being shorter than the stock. I made both, my L/R muffler hangers flush with the front mounting studs because after seeing your illustration, I now recall the L slide going onto the stud slightly more than the R side. This is how I was assured my outboard muffler tips were even.

Reactions: onkeldunkel

·
Registered
394 Posts
Also, keep in mind that the tabs on the Remus mufflers will only allow you to slide them into the cat pipe as far as the heat shield clips as well.

·
Registered
2022 K1600 GA
5 Posts
I installed Remus quads on my 2022 Midnight Option 719 last weekend.
Like others posted on this thread, the right cat is about 1/3-inch further to the rear than the left. Only those with OCD will notice.
Install was extremely easy.
Removed the baffles and now, the sound is nothing less than divine.
Next on my "to-do" list is to powder coat the outer side of the heat shield.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: onkeldunkel

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I installed Remus quads on my 2022 Midnight Option 719 last weekend.
Like others posted on this thread, the right cat is about 1/3-inch further to the rear than the left. Only those with OCD will notice.
Install was extremely easy.
Removed the baffles and now, the sound is nothing less than divine.
Next on my "to-do" list is to powder coat the outer side of the heat shield.

View attachment 168295
your bike looks amazing!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I promise I searched this entire forum first!
It seems that the 2022 models are rolling out now and there is very little information anywhere on aftermarket options for my ’22 GA.
I am in California so we have regulatory issues that other states don’t have. I have two dealerships nearby and both said that they cannot condone, sell, or install any aftermarket slipon exhausts (ie Remus or Akra) due to EPA laws. This is weird because I am coming from HD, which also has EPA regulatory concerns but are fine with installing slipons. Anyway, both BMW dealerships told me to buy aftermarket slipons elsewhere and find a non-BMW shop to install. To be clear, I am not talking about removing the cats or putting on a full system….just slipons!

next I turned to Revzilla, Cycle Gear, etc, etc.: Everyone is saying that neither Remus nor Akra have any offerings for the ‘22. Does anyone know if this is true?
I've got a freedom performance slip on that will work with yours, and I'm in California already.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts