BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Without question or hesitation, BMW should offer the OP a brand new bike, with double factory warranty.

With internet and social media, bad news travels fast. I’ve seen far too many issues here with newer model K1600 engines to take the gamble again. I won’t be buying another K1600.

BMW, do the right thing and satisfy the customer. You’ve already lost me as a customer for a new bike, and you’ll lose others too unless you make situations like this right, and do so promptly.

How long until we see another “oil burning thread”? I say less than 2 weeks…
On the bold- I guess I was far too optimistic. Looks like it took 4 days…

·
Registered
2013 GTL
1,878 Posts
Thanks, I did follow your advice and already communicated my intention to one of the owners of the dealership.
He mentioned IT MAY BE POSSIBLE and will call me back later today! FINGERS CROSSED...
It looks like this is coming to an end !
Cheers
How did this work out for you?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hello everyone,
got my 2022 last Friday, have 300 miles on it now.
When between 2 to 2.5K RPM, and low speed, there is a very loud and strong vibrating knock coming from the engine, it is felt in the handlebar, that bad.

Advised Dealership, waiting on their reply, I already been told to ride the first 621 miles and bring it in for service, then they will check...will try to make the 621 ASAP so I can learn what happens there.

Any inputs on the 2022 K1600 is appreciated it.
Cheers
LCL
Some states have lemon laws. Check yours. Under lemon laws there is mediator involved, and the dealer/BMW will have a totally new energy to come to attention, then they would if a customer made a call after the sale. Bullshit is king in the world of salesmen. If your state doesn't have a lemon law, maybe the attorney generals office has some advice, a call wouldn't hurt. If you're living in a red state, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Genuine question for those suggesting going legal on this: What is the cause of action, and what damage would be the basis of the claim?

I accept that US litigation may be different to litigation in the UK, but surely (like in the UK) you would need to establish damage suffered? If the dealer & BMW NA are saying the bike is fixed, then other than loss of use for a relatively short period, what material damage has been suffered?
Depends on the US State. In my state, there is a lemon law board which assigns a mediator. The bike will be appraised independently, and if the appraisal matches what the buyer claims and the bike deemed unsafe, then the mediator will contact the dealer and manufacturer BMW of USA. In my state, the dealers/manufacturers have to take back the bike within 90 days if it isn't fixed to the mediators expert satisfaction and refund the money, or they can offer a new vehicle if the customer wants. My state does not have a BMW Motorrad dealer, just a bike store that sells BMWs among Hondas, Kawis, KTM's etc.

In the foot loose and fancy free states that believe no government is good government (although their politicians still get paid and perks and get to gum up the works nationally), there is no protection. Caveat emptor.

·
Mr.Fix It
9,329 Posts
FWIW: There are no BMW Motorcycle dealers in: Delaware, Washington DC, Kansas, Mississippi, North Dakota, West Virginia and Wyoming.

Duane

• Wow
Reactions: TouringTim

·
Scammer Hammer
4,174 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
In the foot loose and fancy free states that believe no government is good government (although their politicians still get paid and perks and get to gum up the works nationally), there is no protection. Caveat emptor.
Please, no politics.

Nobody here gives a rat azz about your politics and I doubt you care about anyone else's politics.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Lets hope @Brazeagle was taken care of to his satisfaction - would be great if he could report back.
Of course he was taken care of to his satisfaction...otherwise he WOULD have reported back. :unsure:

27 posts from op in 21 days, last 2 stated "communicated my intention to one of the owners of the dealership.
He mentioned IT MAY BE POSSIBLE and will call me back later today! FINGERS CROSSED...
It looks like this is coming to an end !" ...

...then nothing for 3 weeks. He's a happy camper and has moved on NDA or not.

Tom

·
Registered
2013 GTL
1,878 Posts
Of course he was taken care of to his satisfaction...otherwise he WOULD have reported back. :unsure:

27 posts from op in 21 days, last 2 stated "communicated my intention to one of the owners of the dealership.
It looks like this is coming to an end !" ...

...then nothing for 3 weeks. He's a happy camper and has moved on NDA or not.

Tom
We can speculate, but knowing the outcome and the path to that outcome can benefit others that find themselves in a similar situation.

@Brazeagle could at least let us know without breaking any NDA.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10,000 mi
The disappearance isn't unusual. I've responded to many oil consumption threads where the OP is trying to get satisfaction from the dealer, and then poof -- they're gone. Sometimes it's the nature of forums.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10,000 mi
I don’t know about this cloak and dagger stuff. I got a new engine due to oil consumption. There were side competitions that were thrown in. But I was never asked to sign anything.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The OP has not been here since July 13. If he doesn't come back around, we may never know what happened. Sure would be nice to know how it was handled.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts