BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about a thread containing new 2022 K1600 orders, stating:

1) Model and specs
2) Order date
3) Expected delivery date
4) Actual delivery date (can't wait)
5) Pictures

I'll go first :)

1) Model and specs: K1600B, Manhattan Metallic with everything but Forged handlebars and Compartments
2) Order date: November 10, 2021
3) Expected delivery date: April 22, 2022
4) Actual delivery date (can't wait): -
5) Pictures: -

·
Registered
820 Posts

1) Model and specs
2) Order date
5) Pictures

1) Model and specs: K1600B, Manhattan Metallic with everything but Forged handlebars and Compartments
Wow that's exciting, I can't believe that the expected waiting time is almost 6 months

By that time a lot can change

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts

1) Model and specs
2) Order date
5) Pictures

Are the forged wheels going to be available and I have not seen too many Bs with Forged bars ?

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
OK, I'll go second:
1) Model and specs: K1600 GTL, Option 719/Mineral White Metallic & Classic Forged Wheels, raised seat, all other options except eCall system, top case brake light
2) Order date at the dealer: November 1, 2021 (the order has not yet been confirmed by BMW Motorrad Europe Sales Department)
3) Expected delivery date: end of April, 2022
4) Actual delivery date - who knows, even the Germans don't know that
5) Pictures: - N/A / see the country's configurator / or BMW presentation YT

I originally wanted the Grand America version, but was discouraged by the inability to remove the side cases.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
@cboothe: By that time a lot can change

a) and therefore I have the option to cancel the pre-order in February 2022 and I will receive a full refund. Without penalty
b) one month before the actual delivery I will be asked to pay the remaining amount, then there is no painless way back. This is already in the production logistics system, the dealer sees my motorcycle and so it can no longer be the case that delivery is delayed for further months.
c) waiting 6 months over the winter is fine with me. And if anything, I have another bike. If I lived in Australia, I'd hate the long wait over the summer
d) I have plenty of time to buy accessories, for example Ram mount into stem from awesome guy @Arizona Jim, or SupaBrake 3 Flasher (Bernard Lautee)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the forged wheels going to be available and I have not seen too many Bs with Forged bars ?
Yes, forged wheels are available - forgot to mention them, but they are really expensive here in Denmark - 42.000 Danish kr. or approx 6.500 USD :-/.

I believe the forged handlebars were standard on some of the older B-models, but I prefer the black ones that are standard now! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've placed an order for a new black GT and got a production date in late June which means delivery around mid or late July. Production may be moved ahead if enough people order so please please please place your order!! :D If I don't get a production date of early April at the latest I'll probably cancel the order and try again for the 2023 season. Or maybe not... :LOL:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But you can order the forged wheels from a Czech dealer and pay no Danish tax?? Both nations are inside the EU-market.
Correct - I can and if I order them in Denmark after delivery, they are around half the price compared to ordering them with the bike (from the factory). The reason is, if they are ordered with the bike they are taxed much harder. They are still a lot of money though :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've placed an order for a new black GT and got a production date in late June which means delivery around mid or late July. Production may be moved ahead if enough people order so please please please place your order!! :D If I don't get a production date of early April at the latest I'll probably cancel the order and try again for the 2023 season. Or maybe not... :LOL:
I agree - I can live with May delivery (even though I would hate it). Any later, I will probably cancel the order (I think, maybe ;-))

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
But you can order the forged wheels from a Czech dealer and pay no Danish tax?? Both nations are inside the EU-market.
Hmm, something I don't understand: when ordering, you can't tell the dealer that you want a motorcycle without wheels, with the understanding that you'll supply your own wheels, which you'll buy elsewhere. It won't work that way.
You may be able to buy forged wheels cheaper in the Czech Republic, but what are you going to do with the fitted wheels that BMW will supply with your new motorcycle? The dealer won't deduct those, won't take them as a credit against the price. Or does it in Denmark? The original wheels would remain in his stock and the dealer doesn't care about that. Then again, so many K16s don't crash to need stock bikes in the shop. So I don't know ...

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Hmm, something I don't understand: when ordering, you can't tell the dealer that you want a motorcycle without wheels, with the understanding that you'll supply your own wheels, which you'll buy elsewhere. It won't work that way.
You may be able to buy forged wheels cheaper in the Czech Republic, but what are you going to do with the fitted wheels that BMW will supply with your new motorcycle? The dealer won't deduct those, won't take them as a credit against the price. Or does it in Denmark? The original wheels would remain in his stock and the dealer doesn't care about that. Then again, so many K16s don't crash to need stock bikes in the shop. So I don't know ...
You are probably correct with that, thus buying from other EU-countries with lower prices is only an option if you want to re-equip after delivery. The OEM wheels can be sold as spare parts. K16 wheels are easily dented.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
@noh > K16 wheels are easily dented: OK,
good to know, thank you. How (and where?) do they dent? I have a K16 just ordered :).
For my friend from Denmark @onkeldunkel I am willing to buy forged wheels for a local price, but he has to come and get them afterwards. And oh yeah, pay me for them haha

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
@noh > K16 wheels are easily dented: OK,
good to know, thank you. How (and where?) do they dent? I have a K16 just ordered :).......
There are several reports on this board where potholes have dented the rim, and of course "normal" crashing can damage the wheel/rim. Spare wheels are asked for.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts