BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
221 - 240 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Mine has been delayed as well, yet, got a happy surprise from my dealer Friday said on exactly the same as mine with the ADDED Option 719 seat is coming in within 30 days. I have the Option 719 White GTL coming, anyone seen that bike with the brown 719 seat in person? Pics are questionable, so anyone seen and have thoughts? Can anyone share pics of 719 White with 719 Seat too? Thx.
You can get a brief glimpse of a 719 GT with the brown seat here (around 6.30). I think it looks fantastic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2016 K16GTLe Poopy-Brown color
576 Posts
From my dealer today... "BMW has informed us that a lot of electrical harnessing and low-end components, of that sort, come from a factory in the Ukraine. So, they are frantically relocating to Mexico, but it will be six months before they start producing stuff there."
Well... that isn't good news :(

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've been wondering why BMW calls 719 the most fancy options

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
Those are highly refined, beautifully machined parts - a lot more detailed and with an enhanced design (compared to the standard parts they are replacing), manufactured in small batches. 719 has been reserved throughougt the decades, in the Berlin factory, as the code for "special order" - "spezial".

·
Registered
7 Posts
All things considered, found pics of a 2021 GTL 719 White loaded with the optional 719 brown seat. Worked with my dealer, and have moved my deposit from mine, that still doesn't have a build date, to a 22 GTL loaded like this 21 example that hopefully will be here in less than 30 days. Hoping this is a win, we'll see. Fingers crossed!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
All things considered, found pics of a 2021 GTL 719 White loaded with the optional 719 brown seat. Worked with my dealer, and have moved my deposit from mine, that still doesn't have a build date, to a 22 GTL loaded like this 21 example that hopefully will be here in less than 30 days. Hoping this is a win, we'll see. Fingers crossed! View attachment 164089 View attachment 164090
That's a very nice looking motorcycle

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Some of you guys that are getting a 22 K16 might need to know this. I posted it on the LT forum this morning.

Update, the software upgrade took 2.5 hours not 4.
There are now two channels for sound, one is audio and the other is spoken directions, make sure you push the volume buttons on your phone to get the max volume on both channels. There is a "Test Volume" button to check voice directions.

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Electronic device

·
Registered
903 Posts
Why would this be on the LT forum for a k1600
The LT forum has a section for the RT bikes, and the TFT + software that's arriving on the MY2022 K1600 is the same as that currently on the R1250RT.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Some of you guys that are getting a 22 K16 might need to know this.
More idiocy from BMW. Potential software updates should always be advised automatically, but unless their deployment is mandatory it should be a choice as to whether to deploy them or not.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
More idiocy from BMW. Potential software updates should always be advised automatically, but unless their deployment is mandatory it should be a choice as to whether to deploy them or not.
This sounds like a good reason for dealers to charge a additional 3 Hours of labor

·
Premium Member
2016 K16GTLe Poopy-Brown color
576 Posts
This sounds like a good reason for dealers to charge a additional 3 Hours of labor

LOL... exactly what I was thinking. The Service Thieves are going to love this. What could possibly take that long to do a firmware/software update? It makes no sense... probably have to dismantle the whole bike because they installed the connector in a stupid place... lol BMW, "uhhhhhhh... what's an over the air update... duhhhhhh... tell me about the rabbits"
Next they are going to tell us we have to get valve checks every 9,000 miles to keep our warranty. 🤪

·
Registered
83 Posts
Update on my B: it’s still scheduled for production next week as of this morning (my dealer send my an update without me asking) :)

I really hope it goes into status 150 during this week!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fingers crossed for you 🤞

Reactions: onkeldunkel
221 - 240 of 286 Posts