BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
261 - 280 of 286 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks! Finally got to pick her up :). I’m blown away by the ride, engine, TFT, lights, color etc. - basically everything but the audio - it sounds really tinny, even on the bass boost setting. Sole more pictures from my first ride…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great photos, lovely bike and very jealous. (y)

Reactions: onkeldunkel

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
My local dealer just quoted 7 months (worse case) for a GTL Option 719. Not sure to believe him or not after reading some of these comments.
Apparently there only 1 GTL available in Australia atm and it’s black.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
She waiting for me, patiently I hope. I gave a deposit to the dealer a week ago, and have been waiting for the sale of my XR to finish up. We're working with BMW Financial to fund the buyer, and the agent screwed up and put us four days behind. It should have been done by now, but will now finish up Monday or Tuesday. I'm so anxious I might just go get her this weekend anyway.

Motor vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Reactions: onkeldunkel

·
Registered
83 Posts
My local dealer just quoted 7 months (worse case) for a GTL Option 719. Not sure to believe him or not after reading some of these comments.
Apparently there only 1 GTL available in Australia atm and it’s black.
I can't say I'm surprised to read that, here in the UK certain model order times are 5 months + which would mean if you ordered now delivery would be on the cusp of winter!

Reactions: st13phil and AntonZ

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I'm not even talking to my dealer nowadays so don't know if the bike is delivered or not. I suspect not otherwise they would call. Now I'm in Ireland for concert and planned to ride the NW200 but, of course, no K so in a car instead. Seen lots of Ks up here today. Even saw an R1800 and a few new RTs and lots of other BMWs. The weather is perfect, completely frustrated with BMW.

Reactions: AntonZ

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Hi John
Your the guy who left on a XR and can back ?
Hope you love the change back to the new bike.
Yep. That's me. I loved the XR for a minute, then I didn't. Glad I had one for a while. And **** glad I'm back. The XR is sold waiting for transport.

Fuel tank Tire Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Loving the B. Dare I say better than either the GTL or the GT I've had before it. Maybe because the posture fits me better where I'm at now.

I put about 120 miles on it before even pulling into my driveway. I'm lucky to have all sorts of various riding near me. Freeways, single lane, great mountain twisties, crappy mountain roads, and long sweepers along the coast. The B handled it all with no problems at all.

At first I felt like I had to put my feet up and binge my favorite TV show, it was so comfy. I was in the pocket going for a smooth cruise. I quickly got the feel for the girl in the twisties, lean forward and put my body into the turns like I used to do with the GT. I would never mistake it for the XR in the twisties, but the ride was solid and comfortable, even when spirited.

If there's been 3 tuning generations of the 1600 engine, I've had all three now. First the pre-'17, the the post-'17, and now the '22. This is by far the quietest and smoothest engine to date. It still needs a tune and will get one after the first service.

And I'm finally sold on the TFT display. It's so big, you can have your bike stats (like the speed and tach), plus the map from the BMW Connected app, displayed side by side. And that's pretty cool. Today was about the ride itself, and I still need to zero in my bluetooth, music, and the all the vehicle settings. Homework, the fun kind.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Sky Vehicle

Fuel tank Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I wonder if the latest engine design will over heat like previous model has

I know these bikes are not very forgiving in the heat conditions

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
XXXX for Bogans, VB the best beer
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
3,359 Posts
May Prevent Car and Deer Collisions

Your Knacked Mate, no mention of Motorcycles. Might as well put some chaff on the nose of your bike. Just Joking I may need that thing tonight. I forgot i had a commitment in Melbourne tonight will be riding home around 10pm. I live 1.5hr out of Melbourne kangaroos, wombats and deer out my way.

·
XXXX for Bogans, VB the best beer
Waiting for my K1600 B Have it now
3,359 Posts
Loving the B. Dare I say better than either the GTL or the GT I've had before it. Maybe because the posture fits me better where I'm at now.

I put about 120 miles on it before even pulling into my driveway. I'm lucky to have all sorts of various riding near me. Freeways, single lane, great mountain twisties, crappy mountain roads, and long sweepers along the coast. The B handled it all with no problems at all.

At first I felt like I had to put my feet up and binge my favorite TV show, it was so comfy. I was in the pocket going for a smooth cruise. I quickly got the feel for the girl in the twisties, lean forward and put my body into the turns like I used to do with the GT. I would never mistake it for the XR in the twisties, but the ride was solid and comfortable, even when spirited.

If there's been 3 tuning generations of the 1600 engine, I've had all three now. First the pre-'17, the the post-'17, and now the '22. This is by far the quietest and smoothest engine to date. It still needs a tune and will get one after the first service.

And I'm finally sold on the TFT display. It's so big, you can have your bike stats (like the speed and tach), plus the map from the BMW Connected app, displayed side by side. And that's pretty cool. Today was about the ride itself, and I still need to zero in my bluetooth, music, and the all the vehicle settings. Homework, the fun kind.

View attachment 165327

View attachment 165328

View attachment 165329
Great Photos Mate

Now you have gone and done it, all those GT and GTL guys are going to be coming at ya. Get ready to stand ya ground, i will be with ya as support

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I wonder if the latest engine design will over heat like previous model has

I know these bikes are not very forgiving in the heat conditions

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
I wonder if this is already fixed. I've a 2018 in Mexico and it's never overheated and I've been over rough gravel hilly terrain in low gears after driving all day in 40+C / 100+F without any troubles.

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
671 Posts
have been waiting for the sale of my XR to finish up. We're working with BMW Financial to fund the buyer, and the agent screwed up and put us four days behind.
Glad it eventually worked out! I will never again buy a vehicle from a private seller that is not owned free and clear. When I bought my Harley Ultra Limited, before the K16, I had to wait for his finance company to clear and transfer the title even though I paid cash. Took forever!

·
Premium Member
2012 K1600GT
671 Posts
My first mod :). Not sure if it works (and I guess the manufacturer isn’t sure either :)). But for 25 USD it’s worth a shot. Takes 5 secs to ‘install’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If deer there are the same as Iowa deer, they don't work!

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
1.Model & Specs: K1600 GT Sport. Premium,Comfort, and Tour Package. Floor Lighting.
2. Order Date: 1/5/2022
3. Expected Delivery Date: Mid May
4. Actual Delivery Date: 5/14/22

Attachments

261 - 280 of 286 Posts