BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 K1600B
416 Posts
I’m thankfull that I only had to wait just a little over 2-3 weeks for my 20 B to arrive at dealer this past Dec-Jan !

I was at the dealer at the right time and was able to prearrange trade and purchase before its arrival. I’m sure this will be my last ride, and yes, my farkle investments so far have greatly exceeded my previous RT ! 😜

Very happy with the outcome.. Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Attachments

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Simply put: it can be, but this applies to high-performance sports and super sports cars and motorcycles, where the necessary inertial mass and the emphasis on powerful and hard braking must be taken into account, among other things. But this also goes hand in hand with brake calipers. Not so with the BMW K16 and this category of motorcycles. Regular motorcycles (including the BMW K16) with regular or forged wheels have/can have the same brake rotors.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Yes, here in the Czech Republic too. It has to be a combination of age and licence for a given class of scooter/motorcycle, graduated according to engine size and power in kW. But at the same time the scooter must not have more than 25kW in relation to some weight. Above the age of 21 I can already have a so-called "big" licence for all motorcycles.

·
Registered
20 K1600B
416 Posts
I am 73+ now and have been riding since I was 14-15 yrs old. First was an Allstate 50 scoot, a gift from my grandmother, not sure dad was too happy about that ! But all was well, and I’ve only been down 3 times over the years since then. I’ve gone thru many diff bikes over the years, so I feel comfortable with my B as my last ride. Just hope I can do 10-20 yrs more ! 😜

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I am 73+ now and have been riding since I was 14-15 yrs old. First was an Allstate 50 scoot, a gift from my grandmother, not sure dad was too happy about that ! But all was well, and I’ve only been down 3 times over the years since then. I’ve gone thru many diff bikes over the years, so I feel comfortable with my B as my last ride. Just hope I can do 10-20 yrs more !
Impressive and I hope you can too . On a Harley FB page I saw a 92 year old man who just bought a new Street Glide .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Simply put: it can be, but this applies to high-performance sports and super sports cars and motorcycles, where the necessary inertial mass and the emphasis on powerful and hard braking must be taken into account, among other things. But this also goes hand in hand with brake calipers. Not so with the BMW K16 and this category of motorcycles. Regular motorcycles (including the BMW K16) with regular or forged wheels have/can have the same brake rotors.
Unless changed for the new 22 model the Forged wheels DO require different rotors. This was a question mechanics at two dealers botched. I think, as I did, most assumed same rotors but was a fairly expensive assumption in my case.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Yes. It's fair to confirm what you say. What is different is the fit of the rotor to the forged wheel and that is due to the different fit of the forged wheel. ABS is different too. But the material, diameter and thickness are the same. I was just digging into it tonight.
Product Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Font

Art Rectangle Font Circle Jewellery

·
Registered
682 Posts
Wow that's exciting, I can't believe that the expected waiting time is almost 6 months

By that time a lot can change

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
I'm sure that you have seen the current Supply Chain issues???? In the industry that I am in our lead-times are horrific.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
But it seems that someone in the automotive industry can do it. Hyundai, for example, has no major problems, it manufactures, delivers and also sells very briskly. Speaking of motorcycles, Kawasaki announced new 2022 models two days ago, including the Ninja H2 SX SE, and Kawasaki's local dealer says this bike will be available for purchase on February 1, 2022. How are the Japanese going to ship it here when there are no available shipping containers anywhere, and I guess the H2 Supercharged line is only made in Japan? Besides, I read somewhere now that the Japanese have some special higher resistance to COVID mutations of the delta type so they can work and produce properly.
I'm really not sure if this will also be the case with BMW :sick:

·
Registered
806 Posts
But it seems that someone in the automotive industry can do it. Hyundai, for example, has no major problems, it manufactures, delivers and also sells very briskly. Speaking of motorcycles, Kawasaki announced new 2022 models two days ago, including the Ninja H2 SX SE, and Kawasaki's local dealer says this bike will be available for purchase on February 1, 2022. How are the Japanese going to ship it here when there are no available shipping containers anywhere, and I guess the H2 Supercharged line is only made in Japan? Besides, I read somewhere now that the Japanese have some special higher resistance to COVID mutations of the delta type so they can work and produce properly.
I'm really not sure if this will also be the case with BMW :sick:
This sounds like a excuse for European manufacturer or bmw to raise the price

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 40 Posts