BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K1600B
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Loving the new K1600B, however, have a quick question for this fine group of riders. The new TFT Screen has a plethora of icons, i.e., iPhone battery, connection, cell phone strength, time, temp, etc. It also has an icon that shows you the connection between the BMW Motorrad app on your iPhone and the bike. See picture below. That icon (square with arcs in the lower left corner) blinks when you are NOT connected. It stops blinking when you are in map mode on the app.

Question: That icon blinks if the app is not up and running the "map mode." Is there ANYWAY to turn off that blinking icon (obviously without opening the app and running the map mode)?

Thanks.

Semper Fi

Steering part Motor vehicle Speedometer Product Automotive tire
Steering part Motor vehicle Speedometer Product Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I have a different tft and mine blinks and stops after some time,. Pretty much it gives up looking for the connection

That's my ideas

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
I see there is a sub group under General discussions just for TFT display and navigation. I'll bet it will host a lot of threads pretty soon.

Reactions: st13phil

·
Registered
961 Posts
I see there is a sub group under General discussions just for TFT display and navigation.
There is, and it would be great if posters started threads about the topic within it, so we all have a better chance of finding relevant info.

Perhaps a Mod would be good enough to move this thread there?

Reactions: dingdong

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
BINGO - turning off WiFi stopped it from blinking...thank you sir...lunch is on me.
I wish my M8 was this smart. It has this driving assistance option and everytime I turn it on it tells me something about not being able to read traffic lights. So in the settings I turn off the traffic light assistance but it still warns me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just seeing the pic, I feel so warm and happy I got the last of the old school dashboards with physical needles going round clocks… if the future looks as crap as this, my bike is never going back…. Living in the past has just started for me…

·
Premium Member
1,975 Posts
I wish my M8 was this smart. It has this driving assistance option and everytime I turn it on it tells me something about not being able to read traffic lights. So in the settings I turn off the traffic light assistance but it still warns me.
I dig technology, but I hate drivers assistance in a car. One of my car's used to slam on it's brakes when I backed out the driveway when there was passing traffic. I wasn't moving into traffic, just easing out for a better view. My new car thinks it can steer better than I can. We have a running debate.

• Haha
Reactions: TouringTim

·
Registered
210 Posts
hope you will all continue to up date this post
went and looked at the new GT yesterday my dealer is fair in answering questions
i asked if he had feed back on the new dash he told me some have complained about hi data uses when using navigation app
at the moment i still like my old school 6 so going to waite till the bugs have come to light
and they will

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
hope you will all continue to up date this post
went and looked at the new GT yesterday my dealer is fair in answering questions
i asked if he had feed back on the new dash he told me some have complained about hi data uses when using navigation app
at the moment i still like my old school 6 so going to waite till the bugs have come to light
and they will
Can't understand the dealer saying about high data usage when using the App. The maps are stored on the phone, there is no data usage when using the App.

On my setup with the latest TFT software and a Galaxy S10 everything is stable, no connectivity issues.

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanks Dave i have a s10 as well
it must be user error
i think i will Waite till later on in the year to change as i am not that keen on the colours at the moment and any bugs should show by then 👍

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
thanks Dave i have a s10 as well
it must be user error
i think i will Waite till later on in the year to change as i am not that keen on the colours at the moment and any bugs should show by then 👍
Steve it will probably stay the same, BMW use Tom Tom maps and will not provide an overlay for example this is what Tom Tom looks like in MyRouteApp and its the same in the BMW App.

I live in a town called Portadown and it is not even shown, instead we have townlands such as Clownagh, Tavanagh etc. The hand is my house, you can't even see the name of the road I live on.

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Line

Same town with the Open Street Maps overlay.

Property Ecoregion World Map Atlas

Finally, same town with the Here (Garmin) maps overlay..

Ecoregion Map World Atlas Parallel

MyRoueApp can do this, but BMW can't.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can't understand the dealer saying about high data usage when using the App. The maps are stored on the phone, there is no data usage when using the App.
On recent travels around the country, I’ve spoken to quite a few dealers about the TFT functionality and heard a lot of varying opinions and comments from them. I’m thinking some dealers just don’t yet understand it or are so ill informed they are saying things that are not accurate.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I know many dealers didn't know that Bluetooth wasn't on the 2021 models and when I ordered tubular handlebars they didn't know that either. Worse still the TFT solution clearly behaves differently between android and Apple and probably OS version differences as well. To be honest, once you start relying upon third party components for your solution how much can you possibly know.

Ask yourself how may Ks vs other models. If you look at number of Ks registered in UK a year, it's a trivial amount. Not helped by BMWs delivery process.

If dealers knew everything, half of us wouldn't be here in the first place.

·
Registered
591 Posts
A friend of mine has a F850GS with the new TFT and the GPS app sucks... I give him a gpx made with BaseCamp and it never indicate 100% of the planned roads compared to my NAV VI. Same gpx, riding together and often he's told to turn right while we should go left..

I don't know anybody with a 2022 K that uses the GPS but for me, if the app works as bad as my friend's, I'll keep my 2018 forever

1 - 20 of 45 Posts