BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
This post makes it dang hard to stay on a diet!
But, entirely tempting....

·
KBiK
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Love that Green Egg @Pitts !

Reactions: Pitts

·
KBiK
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Enjoyed a great ride north through the Sam Houston Forest round to Richards and Anderson, returning on 3090 to Navasota, then across William Penn Rd to Independence and then south to Brenham. Enjoyed some good brisket and pork ribs at LJ's BBQ in Brenham. Sat outside with some good friends. Cannot beat that for a great way to spend a Friday!

Check off #2 in the Top 50 Texas BBQ Joints challenge!
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Motor vehicle

Art Graffiti Wall Facade Paint

Apron Food Baseball cap Cuisine Staple food

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
592 Posts
THIS is how Spraynard prepares delightful peeg:

View attachment 161063
Back in the '80s, we used to do 3-week rotations through Zaragoza Air Base in northeastern Spain. The locals would sell cabrito (goat). It was cut into cubes, placed on skewers, and roasted over big kettle grills that made a Weber look like a child's toy. Thanks for jostling a great memory. These days I cook a lot of beef, pork, turkey and chicken on a smoker, but alas, I have no idea where to get a bite of roasted goat in the USA. Perhaps an exploratory ride in south Texas is in order.

·
KBiK
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Back in the '80s, we used to do 3-week rotations through Zaragoza Air Base in northeastern Spain. The locals would sell cabrito (goat). It was cut into cubes, placed on skewers, and roasted over big kettle grills that made a Weber look like a child's toy. Thanks for jostling a great memory. These days I cook a lot of beef, pork, turkey and chicken on a smoker, but alas, I have no idea where to get a bite of roasted goat in the USA. Perhaps an exploratory ride in south Texas is in order.
Go for your goat (aka Cabrito) Cabrito in South Texas – Texas Monthly

CABRITOS NUEVO LEON, McAllen - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'm down in Harlingen with some regularity. Two of those restaurants are just west of town. I'm looking forward to giving them a try. Thanks for the great reading.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts