BMW K1600 Forum banner

2022 UK Deliveries

7K views 65 replies 12 participants last post by  dingdong 
#1 ·
I’m posting this fresh thread on the 2022 K delivery saga on the UK site only, there are now multiple threads across the forum on the sporadic nature of delivery for the 22MY K1600, but as other markets have had some albeit limited number of bikes delivered the UK has had none thus far.

I had a conversation today from a trusted source and he implied that UK production has been delayed yet again. I called my dealer as my KGT was supposed to be in build this week for delivery 1st week May. My dealer said my bike was still at status 112 (scheduled for production) however it should by now be at 150 (in production) to make the deliverable date. He said he is also hearing a "not positive on May arrival" rumblings but there is nothing official from BMW yet.
The vehicle information screen the dealerships have (IVS-R) still shows my bike as it was back on the 4th February at status 112, i.e. its hasn’t moved at all in the production phase and the previous revised delivery date is still May..

I know a few of us on here who have contributed to the various posts have one on order for May delivery so am asking the question if those of you have an outstanding order have anything more positive to add from your dealers?

See less See more
#2 ·
As of last week my dealer had no more info than they had when they told me of the delay from March delivery to late May delivery back in March.

I suspect my stop-gap purchase GTL is going to be getting quite a few miles on it. The positive of that is that I’ll get to use a tried and trusted Nav VI to guide me rather than the less-than-stellar BMW Connected app…

#3 ·
I'm just in the process of cancelling my order. My company want me to go to Asia for 3 months in mid May so really what's the point in continuing to wait. My trip to Scotland is cancelled, and I'm now on my Spain trip in the car. The weather this Easter has been excellent making the whole thing more frustrating.

I made the mistake of selling my bike on the basis of March/April delivery, I never imagined we would be getting to the last weeks of April with nothing on the horizon, especially as the US guys can just walk-in and buy bikes.

#4 ·
I made the mistake of selling my bike on the basis of March/April delivery, I never imagined we would be getting to the last weeks of April with nothing on the horizon
Yes, you and me both. Wish I'd kept mine too but at the time it seemed the right call :rolleyes:

#8 ·
Right, but my conplaint is that BMW were making bikes in November and December for countries like the US when they had orders for bikes in other countries.

BMW launched the new K16 in October and took orders and deposits but then chose to make bikes like the one that your dealer has with no customer order to back it up. It just sits on the lot whilst I don't get the use of anything and I had an original delivery date of March, so made plans based on that.

#7 ·
This from my dealer today, he doesn't want me to cancel but can see my point.
View attachment 164372
Interesting that your bike is build status 150 and has a chassis number, I'd be sticking with it frankly as you are so close figuratively speaking. My commission number is only slightly higher than yours and isnt anywhere near the same page build wise.
Tough choice for you I'd say.

Reactions: onkeldunkel
#10 ·
Tough call, but congrats on the status change. My B has followed yours (status wise) and is still in status 112 (the dealer checked yesterday), but scheduled for production in 2 weeks (week 18). I really hope the status will change to 150 during next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dingdong
#13 ·
Well, it is all kicking off today, just got off the phone with my supplying dealer.

He told me that yesterday BMW confirmed the launch of the K1600 is going to be Saturday 14th May and that a demo K1600GT SE will be available for test rides (y)

That is the good news......

My bike however has gone back to status 111 status meaning that BMW AG has accepted the order and not now scheduled for production :mad:
That update indicates my bike is going to arrive 1st June to the dealer.

So based upon the launch date I am thinking that customer deliveries will not take place until the launch date or after, that is what normally happens.

#15 ·
Well, it's a few years back, but I've been there, when it comes to production delays, albeit with a car order.

A 6 months wait was accepted, but that became 9, which the dealer then wanted to stretch to 12 m, so we cancelled - the first batch of cars arrived eventually 18 m after our order.

We were glad we had moved on. Life is too short & the dealer failed to find any way to keep us on the hook, as they were so utterly focussed on protecting their margins. I wonder how that will change as many manufacturers express their desire to move towards the agency sales model.

Sorry to say Tim, but it's your call buddy.

#16 ·
Thanks for all the advice, I also think the prices are likely to rise, if I could have found a K16 alternative I would have bought, but I don't see anything for two up riding apart from the GW and she's anti Honda.

So, I've agreed with the dealer that I will buy the bike and they will keep in their showroom until I can collect. The warranty, registration etc. won't start until I collect. I'm also talking to work about coming back at end of June as i booked a trip with others to South Germany prior to Motorrad days. My ideal would be a month in Asia followed by a few weeks across Europe and then back to Asia to continue working.

#21 ·
Its probably all a combo of:
There has already been a great deal of speculation on the reasons, and a complete absence of information from BMW Motorrad.

It is the combination of the repeated slippages and absolute lack of information that would allow customers who have already ordered and paid deposits to plan that is pi$$ing people off.

#22 ·
Last Wednesday (20th April) I emailed BMW UK Customer Service bemoaning that lack of information regarding my delayed K1600GT SE order. I pointed out that my dealer has been supportive and that I had no complaint regarding them, but that obviously they can't provide information if it is not forthcoming from BMW Motorrad.

Today, I phoned BMW UK Customer Service asking for an update on my case as I hadn't received anything other than the automated email response last week telling me that "we'll do our best to respond to you within the next 2 working days".

I learned nothing about my order, but did learn that my case was "in a queue for the Customer Service Team to address" and that they're "very busy at the moment".

I resisted the temptation to suggest that perhaps if they were to proactively provide information via their dealer network to customers who have delayed orders with them, they wouldn't have so many enquiries to deal with?

#23 ·
I resisted the temptation to suggest that perhaps if they were to proactively provide information via their dealer network to customers who have delayed orders with them, they wouldn't have so many enquiries to deal with?
That last paragraph made me chuckle; it was what I said to them in my last communication.
Below is an extract from their initial response to me which was merely repeated every time I replied asking for information - utter joke and grammatically laughable.

“Thanks for your email about the unexpected delays you're experiencing with your new BMW K1600GT - I’m sorry this has happened and can understand how disappointing this must be for you.
Here at BMW UK, we're the distributor of new vehicles to our network of independently owned and managed Centres. With this in mind, they’re best placed to discuss any updates or contract options with you.
I've been in touch with your dealership and I've asked him to get in contact with you directly.”

I reiterated to the customer service :D person that my dealership could only provide information to me that had in fact been fed to them by BMW UK and that the dealership does not have a better source of information than BMW UK which is effectively what they were suggesting when informing me that the dealership was best placed to advise further!!

Off the soapbox now for the time being :mad:

#31 ·
My dealer also has demo bikes now, showing that BMW are least interested in customer orders than anything else.
Likewise. At my dealer's this morning I learned that they have a both a MY2022 K1600B and and K1600GT delivered - but not available to be seen - for "launch / demo rides" from 14th May.

I also learned that my factory order still doesn't have a VIN or confirmed dates, but that the current schedule is Build week 21 (w/c 23rd May) and Delivery week 23 (w/c 6th June), so I'm definitely using the GTL for our Norway trip.

#33 ·
[QUOTE="st13phil, post:
I also learned that my factory order still doesn't have a VIN or confirmed dates, but that the current schedule is Build week 21 (w/c 23rd May) and Delivery week 23 (w/c 6th June), so I'm definitely using the GTL for our Norway trip.
[/QUOTE]

Just had an update about my 22 GT and it's build / delivery ETA is the same as yours.

Reactions: st13phil
#35 ·
I cant keep up, just had yet another update re production and mine is now at 150 (in production) and has a chassis number, expected delivery 23rd May!
Thats good news for me finally and light at the end of the tunnel (y)
I have a trip booked at the end of May but will still go on the XR as Ive had to give the reg. number etc for the booking, also after all the tooing and froing with the GT Im still in denial about the delivery dates Ive been given so dont want to plan anything around that bike just for the time being.

#36 ·
I cant keep up, just had yet another update re production and mine is now at 150 (in production) and has a chassis number, expected delivery 23rd May!
So they've moved from Build wk 21 / Delivery wk 23 to Build wk 18 (or perhaps 19?) / Delivery wk 21?

Methinks their scheduling is shot to bits, so I concur that you're wise not to plan anything around that revised information.

#37 ·
I ordered a GTL back at the beginning of February. Delivery was originally due April, later revised to May/June. More recently revised to July. Just got an email out of the blue last week to say that a GTL of identical spec to that ordered by me was due to be delivered to a UK dealer for the launch on 15th May. It is in the country now and I have now been offered that one for delivery third week of May. So I've said "Yes please". Seems too good to be true, but feeling quietly optimistic now. Some dealer is not going to have a demo model on their floor for the launch it would seem. Perhaps it was my dealers demo, I don't know.

#38 ·
Just got an email out of the blue last week to say that a GTL of identical spec to that ordered by me was due to be delivered to a UK dealer for the launch on 15th May. It is in the country now and I have now been offered that one for delivery third week of May. So I've said "Yes please".
That's the first instance of a customer delivery being given priority over a dealer demonstrator that's been reported during this debacle. And many of us ordered bikes back in 2021...

Who in BMW UK do you have compromising photo's of? ;) :ROFLMAO:

#52 ·
Another update.

I received an email from my dealer this morning telling me that - at long last - my bike has arrived, albeit effectively three weeks after the last "expected delivery" estimate. So now it will sit in its crate for a while before being prepped for collection when I get back from my Norway trip.

#53 ·
Another update.
albeit effectively three weeks after the last "expected delivery" estimate.
Yep, that mirrored my delay too, that’s probably the most consistent timing confirmation to come out of all this :rolleyes:
Still, on the bright side, you have your Norway trip on the loaner to enjoy then the thrill of running in and setting up the new bike when you get home, result me thinks (y)

Reactions: st13phil
#61 · (Edited)
@dingdong If you save the route as HD Boombox Pre 2019 Route, you will get your waypoints, you actually get two options a track and route. With Waypoints in the App you can modify the route if you want.

You should also use the Tom Tom map in MRA (its what the BMW App uses) but put a layer over it, this is the layers button.

Water Azure Rectangle Font Parallel

This means the route you plan will be identical to what the the App shows.

The layers are excellent, I quite often use the Michelin map to check out scenic roads.

Terrestrial plant Font Screenshot Technology Slope

And don't forget this little button on the left, this will drop you down to street view to look at the road.

Rectangle Font Slope Material property Magenta

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.