BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Mr.Fix It
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@sailortom , yes, we’ll be riding through Lake City after RON in Delta, CO on the way to Pagosa Springs. 149 is one of my favorite roads in CO.

Duane

·
Registered
111 Posts
Perfect timing, thank you! Wife and I will be in area in Sept to do the four corners (Co, UT, AZ, NM) and hiking in Zion or the Waves if we win the lottery for it.

·
KBiK
2,281 Posts
2022 MI/KM:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10,000 mi

·
Registered
2016 K1600 Exclusive
38 Posts
I'm heading west in a couple of weeks for 13 days of riding in Colorado and Utah. I'm trailering my GT and @FloRider GT to Denver. Gary on his GTL will be tagging along for the trip. Another friend of mine on an RT, will be meeting us in Denver. @MountainGT is joining us in Utah and @Arizona Jim and his wife will meet us in Pagosa Springs, CO. Couple of days ago I stumbled on a youtube video describing 5 of the best Colorado rides for 2022. Coincidently we will doing all of these rides on this trip. Just thought I'd share the video. FWIW, we've ridden most of these rides and, of course, others will be included on this trip. We will be spending 3 days in Moab and can't wait to ride @J-Luv favorite ride there, the Lasalle Loop, again. :)

Duane
Just completed a 5 day trip with my brother. We had previously done most of the rides in the video (and they are a blast).
This year we started out on CO 14 (got on at Daves Place off of 287 just out of Ft Collins). Took that to CO 40 and then 191 at Vernal, Utah. Then we took 191 up through Flaming Gorge and spent the night at Rock Springs Wy. Highly recommend it if you are going that far North.

·
Texas Thorn
2,603 Posts
Highway 6 over/above Eisenhower Tunnel is a pretty ride too. Not a fast ride, but great views.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts