BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang,

Be sure and pre-order your 50 series speakers ASAP from RKA as we only have a small amount coming on my first order.

THIS JUST IN.

Firmware update is here for the 30K and there is also a new update for the 50 series.

For the 30K, the release notes for v3.1 are
1) Improved audio quality and battery performance during Mesh Intercom
2) Added HD speaker support.

The 50 series, the release notes for v1.0.4 are
1) Improved audio quality and battery performance during Mesh Intercom
2) Added access to digital assistants while listening to the FM radio
3) Minor bug fix with displaying the proper battery capacity on the 50 Utility App
4) Minor bug fix with automatically powering off when turning on the FM radio while the headset is powering on.

Remember you heard it first ...... here! ;-)

Richard

·
Soupa Mod
2,521 Posts
I really like the speakers in the 50S.

I also stumbled on the 1.04 release last week. I couldn't find any release info on it so appreciate you posting this info.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Richard,
Are these the new speakers with better dynamic range for the 20 and 30 series?

·
Mr.Fix It
7,075 Posts
Disregard..

Duane

·
Vendor
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Richard,
Are these the new speakers with better dynamic range for the 20 and 30 series?
Hi STRich

I am not a engineer and I do not know all the ohms and watts and amps stuff.
I think the idea from SENA was to make them MUCH better than ANYTHING before them
In our personal opinion SENA has done just that!!!
For starters when you up date the app the Audio Boost will go away and you will have FOUR choices now

Off
Balance
Bass Boost
Mid Boost
Treble Boost
Cancel

Hope that answers your question

R

·
Truly Gritty
32 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I updated my 30K and 50S yesterday. I personally feel that the Cardo still has superior sound but I don't want to be so involved in listening to music that I miss a siren or something else while riding.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, I updated my 30K and 50S yesterday. I personally feel that the Cardo still has superior sound but I don't want to be so involved in listening to music that I miss a siren or something else while riding.
I agree with this assessment. I have the Sena 50S with the "new and improved" speakers on one helmet, and the Cardo Freecom4+ with JBL speakers on another. I don't find the 2 vastly different, but the JBLs deliver a higher level sound quality that you can't miss. Both companies produce good comm systems that have advantages and disadvantages relative to one another. Back to sound, I hook my "S" plugs with the duel driver into my 50S, and it's more than good enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts