BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the first year for k 1600’ to have reverse?
Does the GT have a center stand?
Had 2012 k bike, am riding a 1250 rt at this time, am considering a used lo mile k bike.
Miss the smoothness and the SOUND of that engine.
appreciating all replies in advance.
RB Gary

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you haven’t seen the numerous threads of reverse gear issues, please search and read them. Although the bike is quite heavy and needs reverse, some owners are most disappointed in the BMW design and quality of the K reverse.

·
Premium Member
2022 K1600GT
70 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
If you haven’t seen the numerous threads of reverse gear issues, please search and read them. Although the bike is quite heavy and needs reverse, some owners are most disappointed in the BMW design and quality of the K reverse.
I’ve used it once in a gravel parking lot. Its nice to know I have it, but I try to park so I don‘t need it.

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,497 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
My '18 has the reverse. I don't know of a GT or GTL that didn't have a center stand. I've not had any issues with the reverse. I, too, only use it when I really need it. I never had it before and survived without it. So I also developed habits that allow me to park without requiring it. It is nice to have in those isolated moments where my plan didn't work out as intended, etc.

Reactions: flyergc and Thomas

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all of the replies. Am trading my 2020 r1250 rt for a 2022 k 100 gt on 9/24.
now, which is the best windshield now that Cee Bailey no longer makes them.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts