BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a map recon I wanted to offer out to those who are in and around the area, Western WA, a ride out to Neah Bay. Riding out taking the 101 to just west of Port Angeles then Hwy 112 out to Neah Bay. Anywhere along the way making stops, pictures, etc. Our plan was an overnighter in Neah Bay then a early morning breakfast and coffee then head back along Hwy 112 to Hwy 113 and east along Hwy 101.
If this sounds like some would like to ride along I am looking now at maybe May 21st and 22nd. Not riding on Memorial day. Let me know if you would like to join and we can determine a meet up point to gather and roll........

·
Registered
22 Posts
I live in Port Townsend and would love to go for part of the ride. But I'm not sure if I'll be back from the Cannes Film Festival by then, so put me down as a light maybe. Work always gets in the way of fun.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, it seems that my damage to my right knee is much worse than I expected. Severe torn meniscus :serious:
I am awaiting now to find out when the repair will take place. I might not be riding on the planned date. Maybe in June/July....? More to follow.

·
Texas Thorn
2,304 Posts
Bummer! Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal quickly!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neah bay ride

Grandpatom,
Once I get the word about my knee situation I will post the date for a ride. Right now it is all subject to what the doctor says. I am thinking not a real good idea to ride with a right knee which could 'lock' in a position.....
Hope you are well!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neah Bay ride..

Those who have been following this thread.
I will be having surgery on the 28th of June. I am not sure if we can squeeze the ride in between now and then. I think that for now I am going to tentatively plan for the first of Aug.
If all goes well and I start to heal as fast as I can!

·
Texas Thorn
2,304 Posts
Best of luck to you on your surgery!!! Hopefully, your recovery will be quick.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
the best time to go to Neah Bay is when there is an offshore flow - otherwise it can be cloudy and foggy - really not much there to see

Better to do the loop 101 to Aberdeen

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Heading to run21 in July. My friend Randy who died hitting a deer a few years back always went and he loved it. Always wanted me to go, so now I am finally going, part in memory of him, and part to have fun! Anyone can go to the site and get a ticket. It is by Lincoln city Oregon. Will take a fun route down on 7/21. Will camp at the event. Rides every day and live music each night! Anyone is welcome to tag along

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

All went well for the surgery and now on the mend after a week. I am hoping to plan a ride probably sometime in August. More than likely the beginning of the month. Those that have responded here I will drop you a note to confer on a link up point. Be safe!

·
Texas Thorn
2,304 Posts
Good to hear that your surgery went well. Maybe you and RL can compare notes and battle scars. Good luck with your recovery.:smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts