BMW K1600 Forum banner

A strange 1600 sighting

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Richardrka 
#1 ·
We have a thread going on "Women riders & passengers"?
Bart send me this image of him and his passenger on their 1600.
Looks a little suspicious to me ... At the very least they left the saddlebags at home :cool:
Not only that, Bart said they were both OLD and in their 70's :eek:
This is like accidently catching your parents in bed.:unsure:

See less See more
#2 ·
1600 what?

Duane

Reactions: BMWGuy
#4 ·
Suspicious indeed.

Reactions: BMWGuy
#7 ·
@Richardrka , it's a joke not a dick, don't take it so hard... :)

Duane

Reactions: Jonnybow
#8 ·
Richard, If you feel so strongly about keeping discussions on topic, I'll ask you to remove this entire thread since this is a K1600 forum and the bike obviously isn't.
Ball's in your court

Reactions: Gunnert
#9 ·
First the post was to be light hearted
There is NO discussion or images on this forum other than K1600's ????
I think you better look a little closer

Sorry of I have made a bad choice here. I am a vendor and I am a friend ... That's the goal, I'll let it go .... Comments and posts are all yours as it should be. :eek:

#10 ·
I'm confused.......Whose turning into a Camaro, Bernie or the sport bike?

I do like the curvy first picture (double-entendre) though as I am really getting antsy for some springtime riding.

Reactions: Jonnybow
#11 ·
What bike is that? Its not a K1600?

I was talking to Gordie (forum member here) just the other day about the US President. I take a stance on not talking about US politics, or even joking about it for two reasons.

1. Not my country so its not my place to comment or criticize. I enjoy traveling in the US and I have many US friends (including some of you guys from the forum). I have NEVER seen ANYONE change their political stance from a conversation so I take the opinion that there's no point in arguing about it. It just leads to bad feelings.

2. I'm now a Canadian citizen but still hold a UK passport. With the current leadership in both these countires I have zero high ground to stand on :)

Ride on, friends

#15 ·
I think the point of this post was misunderstood my a mile ..... It was a joke to lead into conversation about Woman riders and passengers
NOW it is totallly off point.

It lead in with ....

"We have a thread going on "Women riders & passengers"?
Bart send me this image of him and his passenger on their 1600." (A JOKE)

SOOOO Lets start over.
Do any of you "GUYS" have a significant other that rides their own motor or is a passenger?
Would you like to ... or better yet have your significant other .... Talk about it?
So starter suggestions.....

How do you pack?
What do you pack?
What kind of luggage do you have or would want?

#16 ·
Yes, Richard your initial post was misunderstood by a mile. I have re-read it now 4x and still have no idea where you were going with it.
Now that I understand where you were trying to go with it, it makes even less sense but I'll try to answer your cryptic initial query.
My wife rides with me 80% of the time and we pack for our trips together. We roll our clothing into mesh bags that fit into the side bags, top case and even an extra luggage roll that gets bungied onto the rack mounted on the top case.
We pack clothes, toiletries and a blow dryer which the wife won't leave home without.

Now, bigger question is, who the heck is Bart?

#17 ·
Thank you, I think .... "Makes LESS sense and criptic"???? :eek:
BUT .... This is what we want to know. (y)
To further open up on this and try to get less criptic .. we will be producing TWO new videos to add to our 175 plus videos we now have on our RKA YouTube page
The subject matter will be packing your luggage & what to pack and why. Duhhhh, we manufacture luggage and want to discuss this with the BOSS not YOU ?

Who is Bart? Bart is a customer that we were exchanging with about getting OLD, leaning over to far for the handlebars and getting fat. Not to often do you see OLD riders two up on a sportbike thought it would be a nice lead in.
Here is most of the exchange.

BART :

Glad you like the photo. You are welcome to use it. Riders are now 77/71. For us & our roads it is a fabulous 2up short day-ride machine.
At least once a year, often more, at a rest spot on a popular road, when we pull off helmets & expose lots of white & gray immediately a couple of 30/40 YO leather & puck sportie guys will ask for a photo of us & bike. Their wives are on their cases to grow up & stop riding rockets... Exact same story every time. Grins

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 7:13 PM Richard Battles <richard@rka-luggage.com> wrote:

73 & 70 here ?
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!
Will go on a post unless you object

TANKS!!!!!!!!
R&K
_

Sent: Monday, March 2, 2020 3:16 PM
To: info@rka-luggage.com
Subject: 2up + V = ??

On my 69th bd i got a dandy ‘10 bmw “take me for a ride, babe, on our new rr white hair & all ...”
Old & 2up ≠ Slow

#19 ·
Hi Rider59 I started this thread/post and my head hurts also. This is what happens when a thread gets off topic.
Which unfortunately happens way to much.
It was about trying to pull Women riders and passengers into the conversation, in an amusing way ... Some did not get the humor
Read the first sentence.

#20 ·
This IS the RKA area ;) So we better show you a few things
This is what we do.
This is what we want to improve on and figure out what OTHER products we can manuafctuer
This is why we started this thread.
If we can set you up with some of these items give us a call 707 836 7659 or order on our website
RKA website

BMW Photo Gallery Page

Some BMW products RKA Manufactuers and offers to you.

GTL Saddlebag case liners in optional premium colors and optional plush style shown

Black with silver piping

13 liter Shiloh road Tankbag, specifically designed for the GTL

BMW 1600B/GA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.