BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A problem has developed on my 2017 K1600 gtl.
I have a Nav 6 and a system 6 helmet with a BMW Communicator fitted.
I used to be able to play music from the Nav to the helmet. Now when I try I get an error telling me I need an A2DP device connected.
All the other sounds, navigation directions, beeps etc. come through fine.

I have paired and repaired several times but it remains the same.
I can play music from the bike to the helmet.
When the helmet is connected to the Nav 6 and I look under the Bluetooth settings it show the helmet connected but the music icon next to the helmet is greyed out.
I went to the dealer and he connected his system 7 helmet with the newer BMW comminicator and the music icon was blue as it should be.
We connected my helmet to his Nav 6 and the music icon was greyed out.
I have my android phone connected to the Nav and the music icon is blue.

I am thinking the helmet communicator may have developed a fault, however the collective wisdom on here may know better!

Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
any recent phone updates

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Could be that the BMW BT audio took the available A2DP connection of the BMW headset. My suggestion is to delete all pairings on the headset, NAV6 and BMW BT. Turn off BMW BT, then pair BMW headset first with the navigator and then to the BMW BT.
Worth a try.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
^ +1 - Agree with ViennaK - Sounds like you need to "clean up" how your devices are paired to one another.

I would suggest you keep it simple by deleting all your pairings and then add 1 device at a time to see how it links up.

If the music feature is anything like the phone feature, it will not handle 2 devices at the same time. For example, if I pair my phone to my Nav and my phone to my Sena, normally the phone features are turned off on the Nav and I can only use my Sena for the phone features. I prefer using my Nav for the phone features, so I unpaired my phone from my Sena and the phone works fine when paired only with the Nav.

My setup is bike radio to Sena, Nav to Sena, phone to Nav. Having the bike radio paired to the Sena means I can use the thumbwheel for radio stations and control the volume from the Sena.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My setup is bike radio to Sena, Nav to Sena, phone to Nav. Having the bike radio paired to the Sena means I can use the thumbwheel for radio stations and control the volume from the Sena.
While I don't use SENA headset, my set up is paired exactly the same. I use the BMW SRC.

Joe

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could be that the BMW BT audio took the available A2DP connection of the BMW headset. My suggestion is to delete all pairings on the headset, NAV6 and BMW BT. Turn off BMW BT, then pair BMW headset first with the navigator and then to the BMW BT.
Worth a try.

Done all that - deleted all pairings on everything. :frown:

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Active BT connection between BMW com and NAV 6 should show 'media' activated check mark on the NAV 6 BT settings tab. Do you see that? If not enable it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Active BT connection between BMW com and NAV 6 should show 'media' activated check mark on the NAV 6 BT settings tab. Do you see that? If not enable it.
If I go to the setting to enable it it says 'Media not in range' and is greyed out.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
Did you try to pair your headset only to the Nav with the BMW BT off?
Just another part of elimination. If you have the latest firmware, all pairings renewed in the right order it should work unless there is a defect of your headset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts