BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
The one thing I have not yet been able to definitively discern is whether or not Waze actually provides the alerts if it is not actively routing.
It does, even when running in the background. Audio alerts only, which is fine for me.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Once you have your rammount ball available on the bike you might want to look at their new holder, it's not on the market yet, but has Qi charging available if your phone can use that technology.

https://www.rammount.com/shop-all/phone-mounts/wireless-charging?facets[product_line][]=Tough-Charge

I'm currently using the Sena PowerPro Mount. It's a 10,000 mAh charger and holds my iPhone X very easily. The battery can recharge my phone x2 times before the charger needs a recharge. However, I hard wired a charging cable to the phone and just use the PowerPro as a cell phone holder. It's really easy to use, just plug the phone in for power and drop the phone in the cradle. Takes all of 15 seconds if I'm wearing gloves, 5 if not.

PowerPro Mount

·
Registered
441 Posts
Well Darn!

So much for my recent Tackform favorite.

I've been waiting for MC Qi charger so I guess I'll being going for the RAM Quickgrip Charger when comes out. Meantime, I'll try RefCat's idea. It should work in the Tackform. If not, I have my old X-grip.

Once you have your rammount ball available on the bike you might want to look at their new holder, it's not on the market yet, but has Qi charging...

https://www.rammount.com/shop-all/phone-mounts/wireless-charging?facets[product_line][]=Tough-Charge

More $$$s to add more RAM mounts to my collection! I don't wanta to go to rehab. No No No.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
It does, even when running in the background. Audio alerts only, which is fine for me.
Remembering more of my process now (winter came early here, it has been some time since my last "routing" ride). The problem I had with this technique was the nasty habit that Waze has of occasionally shutting down without fanfare. Without an active route it could be hours before I notice it is not running anymore... :crying:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts