BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Those levers don't fit all K1600. The levers changed around '13-'14.

Duane
I'm referring to GT/GTL - GA/B M/Y '17-'20.
I will edit my post to clarify that. Thanks.

Reactions: Gunnert

·
Registered
297 Posts
You will receive both pairs of end pieces, so you can configure them as you wish...
Hmm, I tried to get through to Spiegler 2x but no answer right now.
Are you 100% sure both sizes come with each lever? I'm asking because why would they even give the size option? Maybe things changed after you ordered? Keep in mind that these are non returnable custom orders.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Are you 100% sure both sizes come with each lever? I'm asking because why would they even give the size option? Maybe things changed after you ordered? Keep in mind that these are non returnable custom orders.
I have purchased four pairs of these levers for my bikes, and every set of levers came with both long and short ends... I bought mine from Pirate's Lair, but I don't know why that would make a difference.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have purchased four pairs of these levers for my bikes, and every set of levers came with both long and short ends... I bought mine from Pirate's Lair, but I don't know why that would make a difference.
Regardless of the 'length' you chose when placing your order?

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm only being cautious because as you can see it does say under 'Remarks' to "choose short or long lever"...

Font Screenshot Wheel Automotive design Multimedia

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Regardless of the 'length' you chose when placing your order?
I wasn't asked to specify lengths... here's the link to where I bought them... Synto Evo Lever Kits from Pirates' Lair at 828.628.7093 EST (pirateslair.net) Pirate's Lair is a little more expensive, but it's a small business and he's a friend. He clearly states that every set of levers comes with two pairs of ends, which is exactly what I've received.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just got off the phone with Brian from Spiegler. I ordered the Synto which only comes with the selected length, whereas you ordered the Synto Evo which come with both lengths.
Apologies for all of the confusion, and thanks again!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I just got off the phone with Brian from Spiegler. I ordered the Synto which only comes with the selected length, whereas you ordered the Synto Evo which come with both lengths.
Apologies for all of the confusion, and thanks again!
I may have added to the confusion... sorry! All of my sets have been the Evo model, so I didn't recall the difference.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's all good.
I just thought my reading comprehension was going out the window like everything else!

• Haha
Reactions: J-Luv

·
Registered
2013 GTL
1,303 Posts
Do those German and Canadian made levers have some kind of lever shear arrangement like the snap-off on the OEM and the detented pivot on the Chinese ones?

Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yes, it's in the description under 'details' here.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Yes, it's in the description under 'details' here.
I'm not sure what they mean by a "Break Away Point design for safety", but there is not a hinge as pointed out by 1004ron. However, with the Synto Evo levers, they do not extend to the end of the handlebars, even with the "long" ends, so they are not likely to be touched in the event of a drop...

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you zoom in on the image of the Synto levers I ordered from the site I provided (best visible on the gold color lever) you could see that there looks to be a "break away" notch close to where your ring finger would be.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
If you zoom in on the image of the Synto levers I ordered from the site I provided (best visible on the gold color lever) you could see that there looks to be a "break away" notch close to where your ring finger would be.
I see that, but I believe 1004ron was referring to a hinge which allows the entire lever to fold up rather than breaking. You can see it in the photo he posted...
Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2013 GTL
1,303 Posts
My assumption was that the shear notches on the OEM levers and the detent pivot on the Chinese ones were there to protect the master cylinders from being damaged in the event of a drop, and I think the Chinese ones would be very effective in that regard.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I see that, but I believe 1004ron was referring to a hinge which allows the entire lever to fold up rather than breaking. You can see it in the photo he posted...
Yes, I see that they fold vertically at the pivot point, but I though @1004ron was referring to the Synto levers having no break away protection to stop further damage to the master cylinders ay all.

My assumption was that the shear notches on the OEM levers and the detent pivot on the Chinese ones were there to protect the master cylinders from being damaged in the event of a drop, and I think the Chinese ones would be very effective in that regard.
+1

41 - 60 of 69 Posts