BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Has anyone taken a measurement for a better reach for comparing the OEM with aftermarket? I installed a new Varios lever for my front brake and I still can't cover the lever with two fingers for trail braking control. I can't be the only guy with short stubby fingers. When I remove the grip puppy and take off my glove I can just about make it happen, but prefer to wear gloves. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
I installed the Synto (long) clutch & (short) brake levers on my B this afternoon and what a significant difference. These levers feel like they're integrated with your hand and look and feel excellent. Thanks to everyone for the tips on the aftermarket levers, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed the Synto (long) clutch & (short) brake levers on my B this afternoon and what a significant difference. These levers feel like they're integrated with your hand and look and feel excellent. Thanks to everyone for the tips on the aftermarket levers, I appreciate it.
glad to hear where did you purchase the levers from ? thx

·
Registered
297 Posts
glad to hear where did you purchase the levers from ? thx
Thanks.
I bought them from Spiegler thanks to @garyculb posting about them. I bought the regular Synto levers which need to be ordered to your desired length of either long or short...not the Synto Evo levers which come with both, 2 long and 2 short levers to find your personal preference.

Reactions: garyculb

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Has anyone taken a measurement for a better reach for comparing the OEM with aftermarket? I installed a new Varios lever for my front brake and I still can't cover the lever with two fingers for trail braking control. I can't be the only guy with short stubby fingers. When I remove the grip puppy and take off my glove I can just about make it happen, but prefer to wear gloves. Any ideas?

Thanks
Excellent... post some photos if you have a chance!

·
Registered
297 Posts

Thanks
Although I didn't purchase the Vario Levers, nor take any measurements of the stock levers, as mentioned here about the Synto levers I purchased and installed, below are some photos of my hand on the brake lever on setting 1 to give you an example of how close the reach is with my 2 fingers. The clutch lever is slightly out further by default on setting 1 than the brake lever probably due to making sure the clutch is fully dis-engaged when pulling the lever in so basically the same reach. Also shown is the levers in positions 1 & 6 to show their full adjustability range. It's hard to take a well angled photo with one hand so I did my best.
Gesture Finger Hood Thumb Typing
Videographer Photographer Camera lens Camera Reflex camera

Musical instrument Guitar accessory Bumper Bicycle part Guitar

Automotive tire Bicycle part Auto part Wood Rim

Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle saddle Bicycle chain

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Fender Bumper Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Automotive tire Green Bicycle handlebar Bicycle fork Bicycle frame

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Although I didn't purchase the Vario Levers, nor take any measurements of the stock levers, as mentioned here about the Synto levers I purchased and installed, below are some photos of my hand on the brake lever on setting 1 to give you an example of how close the reach is with my 2 fingers. The clutch lever is slightly out further by default on setting 1 than the brake lever probably due to making sure the clutch is fully dis-engaged when pulling the lever in so basically the same reach. Also shown is the levers in positions 1 & 6 to show their full adjustability range. It's hard to take a well angled photo with one hand so I did my best.
View attachment 161094 View attachment 161095
View attachment 161096
View attachment 161097
View attachment 161098
View attachment 161099
View attachment 161100
View attachment 161101
Very nice!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thank you