BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Did you order a screen yet? I swapped the stock screen with the x-tall Aeroflow (I'm 6'6" and also have the RDL seat) shortly after picking up my '18 GTL. Since then I've been looking for something a little wider. This thread and forum led me to the 7Jurock... which just got delivered yesterday, installed, and test rode last night. BIG difference. Very high quality and it's what I've been looking for. Knowing what I know now from riding them both and if given a choice, I'd go with the 7Jurock over the Aeroflow.
Thanks for the input. My 7 Jurock just came today; I am installing it tomorrow. I will let you know what I think.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One thing I noticed with the Aeroflow vs the 7Jurock is that the bike seems a little more steady at highway speeds (70mph). I’m wondering if it’s because the extra width of the 7Jurock acts more like a sail and causes a little more disturbance due to the greater wind resistance. Anyone else experience that when comparing the two? I actually think both shields are very good.

I just ordered a 7jurock the same height as my Aeroflow so I can compare the two. I suspect I’ll have to flip a coin to decide which I like best.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Did you order a screen yet? I swapped the stock screen with the x-tall Aeroflow (I'm 6'6" and also have the RDL seat) shortly after picking up my '18 GTL. Since then I've been looking for something a little wider. This thread and forum led me to the 7Jurock... which just got delivered yesterday, installed, and test rode last night. BIG difference. Very high quality and it's what I've been looking for. Knowing what I know now from riding them both and if given a choice, I'd go with the 7Jurock over the Aeroflow.
Yes, I installed a 19" 7Jurock. I'm 6'1" and it's just tall enough. I think I'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Satisfied Aeroflow customers here. Started with the RT and now our 15GT (Hybrid AeroScreen = 90% two-up; RDL seats, 58 thousand multiple coast to coast miles of smiles). Lots of different screens/seats for different folks available - good luck!

15GT

·
Registered
68 Posts
So I’ve figured out what height works best for me on my GA. I’m a little over 6’ with 32” inseam riding on a Sargent seat and Aerowings. I have both an xxtall Aeroflow and a 21” 7jurock B screen. The Aeroflow is about 1/2” taller in the center but curved so the top corners are lower. They both work great (As long as the Aerowings are on!). I wanted screens that I would only have to raise 1-2” to get the full effect. And for the 1% of the time I put the screen all the way up (freezing cold on the interstate) I wanted the top edge above my line of sight. So now my problem is which screen do I use. I have to test with my wife on the back. Some people say the extra width at the top of the 7jurock helps shield the passenger more. All I know is that for solo riding, both are fine for me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’ve bought and been disappointed so many times, on other bikes but also on my first GT, I decided to pop for the Wunderlich rather than end up spending $200 twice. And it was everything I could have hoped. I’m tall at 6’ with a tall seat, and I wouldn’t recommend it for shorter riders, unless one likes to look through rather than over the screen. But for me, the wind management is perfect, most times it’s on the lowest height, but on the freeway it’s up maybe an inch. Keeps gas mileage as best as it can be too. There is a Puig that has almost the same shape for half the price, but the Wunderlich is made of similar plastics to the (now sadly out of the business ) Cee Bailey, while the Puig (made of acrylic) is prone to sharding in a crash. Figure I could afford it so I’d prefer not having it end up in my neck if I can help it. Wunderlich: highly recommended but spendy.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered the medium Aeroflow for my B. Being delivered Friday. Will report on its performance after a ride.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After reading about aftermarket windscreens, I decided to replace my stock sport windscreen on my '19 'B' with a 19" 7Jurock clear, just waiting on its arrival. 5'8" here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
After reading about aftermarket windscreens, I decided to replace my stock sport windscreen on my '19 'B' with a 19" 7Jurock clear, just waiting on its arrival. 5'8" here.
Please report back how things go, how far you have to raise the shield to get the right coverage, and whether you are looking over or through your shield in that position. Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Please report back how things go, how far you have to raise the shield to get the right coverage, and whether you are looking over or through your shield in that position. Thanks!
I made a 1"- 4" template and taped it to my stock windscreen which is 15". Adding all 1"- 4" (16"- 19") with the screen in its lowest and highest positions. In its lowest position with all 1"- 4" added (16"-17"-18"-19") I could clearly see over the screen. In its highest position adding 1"-2 " (16" & 17") I could still see clearly over the screen as well. When I added 3" (18") the top of the screen was just under my line of sight. Adding 4" (19")
I was looking through the screen. This gave me a nice happy medium for lowest to highest adjustment which is why I went with the 19". Just received a shipping update, and I'll be receiving the windscreen 6/10. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
I’ve bought and been disappointed so many times, on other bikes but also on my first GT, I decided to pop for the Wunderlich rather than end up spending $200 twice. And it was everything I could have hoped. I’m tall at 6’ with a tall seat, and I wouldn’t recommend it for shorter riders, unless one likes to look through rather than over the screen. But for me, the wind management is perfect, most times it’s on the lowest height, but on the freeway it’s up maybe an inch. Keeps gas mileage as best as it can be too. There is a Puig that has almost the same shape for half the price, but the Wunderlich is made of similar plastics to the (now sadly out of the business ) Cee Bailey, while the Puig (made of acrylic) is prone to sharding in a crash. Figure I could afford it so I’d prefer not having it end up in my neck if I can help it. Wunderlich: highly recommended but spendy.
I see you have a GT; and I'm also 6'; what's your riding style? I have to go ahead and do it by Fall to keep the cold air off. I know V-Stream makes the stock screens, I like the stocker fully extended for the summer; and their aftermarket is very well made, BUT I do prefer the look of the Wunderlich slightly over the V-Stream, and I've narrowed it to those two. On some of the larger-looking screens, however, I've seen some complaints that while they're great up to 80 mph or so, they actually increase buffeting at let's just pick a slow speed and say over 100. DISCLAIMER: 😁 Not that I've ever gone that fast, or you either.

Hypothetically, then, should one expect more or less buffeting at triple-digit speeds with the Wunder-screen versus the stocker? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I ordered the medium Aeroflow for my B. Being delivered Friday. Will report on its performance after a ride.
Yes, I got the 7 Jurock installed. I am very pleased. The noise and buffet is gone! I can't compare to the AeroFlow, but can say that the 7 is quality and does the trick.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see you have a GT; and I'm also 6'; what's your riding style? I have to go ahead and do it by Fall to keep the cold air off. I know V-Stream makes the stock screens, I like the stocker fully extended for the summer; and their aftermarket is very well made, BUT I do prefer the look of the Wunderlich slightly over the V-Stream, and I've narrowed it to those two. On some of the larger-looking screens, however, I've seen some complaints that while they're great up to 80 mph or so, they actually increase buffeting at let's just pick a slow speed and say over 100. DISCLAIMER: Not that I've ever gone that fast, or you either.

Hypothetically, then, should one expect more or less buffeting at triple-digit speeds with the Wunder-screen versus the stocker? Thanks.
Sorry, I just saw this. If you haven’t already decided, I had a V-Stream too. I really disliked it, it worked fine, it was more because of its shape I really disliked how it looked. Also, The Vs are designed more to push air up and over, I had a bit of a wake at my rear end, I thought a passenger might not be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see you have a GT; and I'm also 6'; what's your riding style? I have to go ahead and do it by Fall to keep the cold air off. I know V-Stream makes the stock screens, I like the stocker fully extended for the summer; and their aftermarket is very well made, BUT I do prefer the look of the Wunderlich slightly over the V-Stream, and I've narrowed it to those two. On some of the larger-looking screens, however, I've seen some complaints that while they're great up to 80 mph or so, they actually increase buffeting at let's just pick a slow speed and say over 100. DISCLAIMER: Not that I've ever gone that fast, or you either.

Forgot the other questions, I’m pretty quick rider I guess, often in the 80-100 range, I found buffeting with the V-Stream as I mentioned, sort of a wake behind me. The Wunderlich is just great at all speeds. I also have a small Arrow screen which I thought I’d prefer in Summer but I haven’t taken the Wunderlich off to find out. I didn’t like the Arrow much at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Installed and satisfied with results. I got the medium, not all wind noise gone, I can now ride with my visor up and it is much calmer around upper torso. I’m 5’10”
34A28A03-F6E4-438F-97E8-DAA7CB41BA52.jpeg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Installed and satisfied with results. I got the medium, not all wind noise gone, I can now ride with my visor up and it is much calmer around upper torso. I’m 5’10
Installed and satisfied with results. I got the medium, not all wind noise gone, I can now ride with my visor up and it is much calmer around upper torso. I’m 5’10” View attachment 142803
Looks Great!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Since I started this thread, thought I'd follow up with my results. I installed a 19" 7 Jurock. I love it. It could be taller; I'm 6'1". Noise is mostly gone, it looks good, and it was less $ than an AeroFlow. For now, this is the set up that will work for me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So, after my 2nd day of riding with my 7jurock 19" windscreen it was getting a bit hot at 60+mph and I decided to drop my windscreen to its lowest point to cool off a bit which I hadn't done the first time I tried the windscreen and I discovered that the 19" is too tall for me at its lowest point due to the wind blowing directly into my glasses and shaking them too excessively.

Due to this, I believe I should've gone with the 17". If anyone is interested in my 'like new' 19" (clear) windscreen (used twice) send me a PM. I'll be offering it for $185 via PayPal w/free shipping to CONUS. Again, I'm 5'8" w/30" inseam.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts