BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looking to replace the stock windshield on my 19 bagger. It seems that the most popular and effective ones are either the Aeroflow or the 7 Jurock. While the stock windshield looks great on the bagger, I'm 6'1" and it just doesn't cut it for wind noise and buffet.

I just bought my bagger so any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
I think the 7 Jurock does a better on the gtls from 2017-2020..... On my 2016 before the front was redesigned a little a little wider the national V-Stream did an excellent job......

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
I have a Quiet Ride shield on my 2015 RT with just over 210,00 miles on it. And a jurock screen on my 2018 GT. The Jurock is a good shield but not nearly as good as my Quiet Ride.I contacted the owner of Quiet Ride just after states closed up from the stink'n virus. I asked him if he had any plans to make a shield for the K-GT. He told me he had just started the development process for the GT but had to stop because of the lockdown. I think he is planning to resume when he can get out again. He said he had no idea how soon he'd have one in production though. Maybe in a few months we'll see one available. I told him I want one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Quiet Ride shield on my 2015 RT with just over 210,00 miles on it. And a jurock screen on my 2018 GT. The Jurock is a good shield but not nearly as good as my Quiet Ride.I contacted the owner of Quiet Ride just after states closed up from the stink'n virus. I asked him if he had any plans to make a shield for the K-GT. He told me he had just started the development process for the GT but had to stop because of the lockdown. I think he is planning to resume when he can get out again. He said he had no idea how soon he'd have one in production though. Maybe in a few months we'll see one available. I told him I want one.
I had the exact same experience as you and also contacted them. Hopefully they’ll make shields for the K1600s.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the exact same experience as you and also contacted them. Hopefully they’ll make shields for the K1600s.
Please keep us posted if they're made and you should be contacted.
I really like my 7j but wouldnt mind trying something different either. Thanks

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
i don't know if he intends to let me know when the Quiet Ride is available but I plan to contact him every once in awhile.I am anxious to try his and am confident it will suit me best. When i do hear they are available I will post it.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Posts on windscreen threads should start with your height and whether your comments are informed by a pillion experience as well. Otherwise we are all having a different conversation.

So, 5'11", with pillion.

I learned on my previous bike ( my first fully faired bike after nearly 30 years of un-faired riding) that unlike many riders, I'm not looking for a still pocket, I prefer a lot of air — but smooth air. A Calsci.com "shorty" was perfect on my ST1300 and I loved it for 15 years. Rain or shine, hot or cold.

I found the buffeting behind the stock GTL to be oppressive. I immediately called Mark at Calsci and ordered a shorty. I will never use another windscreen on this bike. I get great air flow, with way less buffeting than stock. A little more than my ST, but totally liveable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm 6' tall and have an RDL on my 2015 K1600GT. I'm thinking of purchasing the BMW Comfort Windscreen or the 7 Jurock. Has anyone had experience with these screens? Revzilla is selling the comfort screen but no minimum and maximum height measurements are listed. (called customer service and they didn't know)
7 Jurlock has a mimimum height of 19" and extending to 26". Someone made reference to a 17" screen? Yet another mentioned buying the 24" screen. I'm assuming the 7 Jurlock is adjustable from 19"-26". Also, has anyone had any likes, dislikes with the 7 Jurlock screen being 25" wide. I know someone said you can't fold up the mirrors...
I know there are many screens out there but I'm interested in these two right now. I would most likely go with Quiet Ride but I understand it's a little ways out for the GT screen.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I am 5'10"... The 22" 7Jurock works perfectly for me......all the way down air hits me from neck up.... 2"-3" up hits 3"-4" over top of my head...all the way up my eyes fall right below the curve and air is at least 6" over my head...... got caught in rain and not a drop hit me when full up...

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm 6' tall and have an RDL on my 2015 K1600GT. I'm thinking of purchasing the BMW Comfort Windscreen or the 7 Jurock. Has anyone had experience with these screens? Revzilla is selling the comfort screen but no minimum and maximum height measurements are listed. (called customer service and they didn't know)
7 Jurlock has a mimimum height of 19" and extending to 26". Someone made reference to a 17" screen? Yet another mentioned buying the 24" screen. I'm assuming the 7 Jurlock is adjustable from 19"-26". Also, has anyone had any likes, dislikes with the 7 Jurlock screen being 25" wide. I know someone said you can't fold up the mirrors...
I know there are many screens out there but I'm interested in these two right now. I would most likely go with Quiet Ride but I understand it's a little ways out for the GT screen.
I am 5'10"... The 22" 7Jurock works perfectly for me......all the way down air hits me from neck up.... 2"-3" up hits 3"-4" over top of my head...all the way up my eyes fall right below the curve and air is at least 6" over my head...... got caught in rain and not a drop hit me when full up...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice; thank you! I think I'm going to go with the 23" 7Jurock. There are times when I wouldn't mind a little breeze below the neck but I prefer to quiet the buffeting and get more protection from the elements as well...

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Werks Quite Ride is made by 7Jurock. I had one on my RT and it was the best aftermarket shield I’ve ever had. Speaking of windscreens anyone got Wunderlich Ergo shield they are looking to part with ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you order a screen yet? I swapped the stock screen with the x-tall Aeroflow (I'm 6'6" and also have the RDL seat) shortly after picking up my '18 GTL. Since then I've been looking for something a little wider. This thread and forum led me to the 7Jurock... which just got delivered yesterday, installed, and test rode last night. BIG difference. Very high quality and it's what I've been looking for. Knowing what I know now from riding them both and if given a choice, I'd go with the 7Jurock over the Aeroflow.
Which style of 7 Jurock did you get, A or B, and what size? Did you get it with the Flip and Vent, and Std thick or the 1/4 "?
Sorry for all the questions but just about to pull the trigger and buy one!

·
Registered
60 Posts
After sitting on the bike with the RDL seat and doing some measurements; I decided to go with the 19" light grey, thicker screen in design B without the flip or vent. I like a lot of air coming in on hotter day rides and I don't want to see through the screen when it is in the down position. I felt the 19" screen would provide enough air circulation in the down position and protection from rain in a higher position and cut down on the buffeting as well. ( We'll see; the screen is on its way.) One of my concerns is that the screen is 25" wide, sitting on the bike looking out. Someone said you can't fold the mirrors up but I can live with that. Interesting; I didn't know that Werks Quiet Ride was made by 7 Jurock...

41 - 55 of 55 Posts