BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another high-tech airbag vests at a lower cost due to not having to purchase one of their jackets. This vest will work in any jacket that has room for system deployment. The vest cost is lower then tech-air systems released a couple of years ago. I'll add the previous unit is currently selling at a discount of 30%. You can pre-order now, and items ship out early March.

No affiliation, I'm a fan of the tech-air street vest.

Kyle E

·
Premium Member
2,187 Posts
Alpinestars Tech-Air 5

Very Very Interesting. Thanks for posting. More coverage, can be worn under existing gear, no tether, no subscription fee, leading technology and part on MOTOGP!!!
However, not available until March 2020 ( https://www.alpinestars.com/tech-air-5-airbag-system ).
AAAAAAAAAaaaaHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!……

:DAs an AMERICAN:D

:wink: “I WANT IT NOW!! And, SUPERSIZE IT!!!”:wink:

Best,

Doc:tb:tb​

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
Its an interesting system but I thought that the older systems at least required you to return the system after an 'inflation event'. No-refillable cartridges. Its an effective system for race day but what about a minor get off in the middle of a multi-day trip.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
From the Alpinestars website: "Developed from years of research with over 50% of the world’s top MotoGP riders, and Alpinestars customers, riding data from millions of kilometers and thousands of crashes have been analyzed to continuously improve the intelligent crash detection algorithm. Upon the identification of a crash situation, a protective airbag is deployed..."

I wonder if they incorporated that tomato technology that allowed the tomato to sense an immiment accident and eject itself from the scene prior to the accident occurring...

-Monty Python Episode Thirty-four: The Cycling Tour

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
From the Alpinestars website: "Developed from years of research with over 50% of the world’s top MotoGP riders, and Alpinestars customers, riding data from millions of kilometers and thousands of crashes have been analyzed to continuously improve the intelligent crash detection algorithm. Upon the identification of a crash situation, a protective airbag is deployed..."

I wonder if they incorporated that tomato technology that allowed the tomato to sense an immiment accident and eject itself from the scene prior to the accident occurring...

-Monty Python Episode Thirty-four: The Cycling Tour
Its the cheese sandwich technology you really need.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If someone buys the AStars 5 Vest, let me know. I would be interested to hear feedback as I’m looking for an Under Jacket Vest that I can swap between jackets. This vest looks like it would suit my requirements although the UK price is double that of the US? I forgot the UK was classed as The Moon when it comes to Country Specific Pricing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts