BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like too good an opportunity to pass... good luck with your decision.

·
Sir Robin’s Lead Minstrel
1,480 Posts
Agree with ViennaK...adopt the scuffs as your own...get over it and buy it.
I'll admit I could never do this, as I fell in lust with, and thus bought, the exact bike the OP's talking about, to the point I bought one for only $1k off MSRP. So I've fixed mine up perfectly again after 2 very small bag boo-boos, but my wife agrees with you. She has a couple scratches on her 2019 R1250RT, and in white, they'd be both easy and cheap to repair, but when I mention it to her, I get this: "It's a TOURING bike." Her point is that if you bought it to ride, and it's a big bike, to boot, it'll probably get a few scratches and scuffs on it over the miles, and since she plans on keeping hers forever, she's not fooling with it.

I make fun of her for being like the "overly country cowboy" they had in a Chevy p/u commercial 10 or so years ago, where someone told him his truck was all scratched, and he mumbles, Sam Elliott style, "Scratches give character. Women like character." So the tagline basically was that if you keep a scratched-up pickup truck, it helps you pick up the babes. Which would ostensibly motivate me to keep my OLD pickup truck, and not buy a new one, so I was lost on the marketing strategy.

She would DIE, however, if the first scratch she couldn't quickly buff out appeared on her Triumph Bobber TFC.

EDIT: For clarity's sake, I'd 100% buy it; I'd just have to fix up the scratches/buy replacement parts. Still a much cheaper bike than new, either way.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Harley is a better bike for shorter folks. So where is this option 719 GT located and does it have the saddle color seats?

Ian

·
International Man of Mystery
3,565 Posts
Harley is a better bike for shorter folks. So where is this option 719 GT located and does it have the saddle color seats?

Ian
Public service announcement here

·
Registered
35 Posts
So did you buy it or what? If not send me the details and I will ASAP !!!! I love that bike, color, and options.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts