BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need new tires for my 2016 K1600GT. Currently running Angel GT's. Have heard good and bad about the Angel GT II's. Trying to decided whether to give them a shot or try something else.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
848 Posts
I am on my 3rd set of Angel GT A Specs. The most I got out of the front was 7500 miles when I got a flat, and said time for a new set of skins. I thought of trying the RS III's but every time I get into a ride with the A specs, it works very well for me.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am on my 3rd set of Angel GT A Specs. The most I got out of the front was 7500 miles when I got a flat, and said time for a new set of skins. I thought of trying the RS III's but every time I get into a ride with the A specs, it works very well for me.
I thought they stopped making the Angel GT A Specs.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I thought they stopped making the Angel GT A Specs.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Run Pirelli Angle GT A spec's on all my bikes (KTM SDGT & K1600 GTLE).

Best,

Doc​

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Tried the GT II A spec and have about 6k on the set, very happy. They are better than the originals for sure which says a lot. I'll be using them again.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried the GT II A spec and have about 6k on the set, very happy. They are better than the originals for sure which says a lot. I'll be using them again.
What about on the highway? Some said the front tires were unstable on the highway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also have a set of GT II A specs on my GA. I've put about 6.5k miles on them. Wear and handling are excellent. The only downside that I experience is that they are very noisy tires. Noisy to the point of thinking I had a bad wheel bearing.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I also have a set of GT II A specs on my GA. I've put about 6.5k miles on them. Wear and handling are excellent. The only downside that I experience is that they are very noisy tires. Noisy to the point of thinking I had a bad wheel bearing.
I use to get that noise on my Roadglide too. It seems as the tires wear they make that noise. Mine would start making that noise as soon as I leaned off center. Every so often I will lift the front and see if there is any unusual dragging or roughness.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
What about on the highway? Some said the front tires were unstable on the highway.
I haven't witnessed any instability with these tires at all, either on the highway or in the twisties. I don't hear more noise either, I'm satisfied with them.

Reactions: none

·
Registered
337 Posts
@rider29206, riding around with your bike in the back of a truck doesn't count.. :)

Duane

I don't know. Besides the tire longevity, I bet the bike gets great gas mileage this way. :nerd:

Seriously though, rider29206, which model of michelins are you referring to?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I have been running Angel GT Aspecs since I got my 2012 GT. I have never gotten anything less than 10,000 miles on them. The only time I had an issue with a set was when I got them from a friend of mine who was a professional stunt rider. He cycled the tires so hard that I went through the wear bar and made it to chords before I realized it. I know it sounds crazy, but I change my tires out after every 2 services, and I get the service done after 6,000 miles. One thing I did notice is that I ride the bike in Dynamic mode, with the suspension set up in sport mode 2 up. This setting allows me to get the maximum performance out of my tires and I feel the pest performance in the twisties as well.

I am trying out the Angel 2 front right now. Was on my way home from Canada and caught a nail in a construction site. They didn't have any Angel GT's at the Cycle Gear on a Sunday, only a 2 and it wasn't an Aspec.

·
Mr.Fix It
7,067 Posts
One thing I did notice is that I ride the bike in Dynamic mode, with the suspension set up in sport mode 2 up. This setting allows me to get the maximum performance out of my tires and I feel the pest performance in the twisties as well.
With you getting 12k miles to a set of tires I'd argue you're leaving a lot of performance on the table and getting "maximum mileage" vice "maximum performance".

Duane

Reactions: Jonnybow
1 - 20 of 25 Posts