BMW K1600 Forum banner

Would you be interested in a two-day (minimum) ride New England event in June?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe - cost dependent

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 127 days is the 97th Laconia Bike Week here in New England. I love this event because it attracts most bikers, and so leaves the roads clear (more or less) for a week. Building on my last inquiry, I am testing for interest in a mini-rally for that week. In general, we would ride away from the flow of traffic generated by the event.

I am still forming the thought in my mind, but I see an event not unlike the IBR, but without the pressure. Instead of (thousands of) miles, there would be locations to see and photos to collect. If you like camping I have a ton of room here at my house.

I would be welcoming donations which will go to New England rural education through my charity. However, there is not going to be any pressure to do so. We are bikers and grown-ups.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would appear not. I expected as much because this is a group of individuals who like to live ad-hoc.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Kind of always been this way. It seems no one wants to ride with a group.

Around 2015? a group of us met in Northampton MA for lunch. Great ride getting there, pleasant time. Then we all headed out on our own.

The next time we met was at the Grey Goose in New London, NH. Pretty short ride for me but what the heck. Again we departed separately.

Then that group dis-engaged. People move on. Many of them appear to have left the forum altogether.

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Well, I do plan to ride at that time and avoid Laconia. Does that count?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Honestly, I don't ride with groups for the same reason that I don't vacation with groups. I like to do things on my own time and schedule. I also don't like to ride with folks that I don't know because I can't control how they ride, safety of their ride, speed of their ride etc.
I might be a rude bastage but it keeps me alive and happy.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I kind of feel the same way. I am already on high alert for dumbass four wheelers, now throw in a couple of riders you do not know and it is hard to enjoy the ride.
Occasionally, I have to take out a group on Indians. I am either leading the pack and thereby setting the speed or I am tail end Charly. Not a lot of fun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts