BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess my Garmin Nav VI doesn't like it when the temp gets below 60 F. The ghost finger showed up and started messing with it while I was riding last night. I placed out in the sun and let it warm up and now it works just fine but the sun sets at 5:35 today and temps are going to be in the 50's................... Contacted Garmin today and no questions asked they sending a replacement unit ASAP. This will be my 3rd unit in 2 years.
Got to love a company that does that..............

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Mine went weird, this past Sunday but seems to be working fine, now. Your post is less than encouraging for the long-term prospects of the thing. At least Garmin stepped up.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
I had a Zumo back in the day the touch screen went bad, bought one and followed a you-tube video on how to replace it, worked fine afterwards. They call the screen a digitizer

·
Soupa Mod
2,646 Posts
Did you remove the battery and then replace it?

That trick will fix some of these issues.

·
Upside Down
1,629 Posts
They may have a virus aka Corona Virus. Give them lots of love and attention they may come good.:cool::unsure:

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
The new Garmin unit will be here tomorrow. I think a 2 day response with no questions asked is more than acceptable.
Yes, that I stood service. My new unit with the K1600GT gave me issues and BMW just swapped it out for a new one for me. On my old C650 I rode in the winter all the time and never had any issues with the Garmin Nav VI.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New Garmin came in today and it works as it's supposed to. We'll see for how long .......................

·
International Man of Mystery
3,478 Posts
I have currently three Navigators
a NAV 5 from 2014 with a replacement screen, works like a champ and is on duty in my old convertible,
a NAV 6 from 2018 with ghosting and shutdown issues that Garmin over here does not acknowledge as a claim,
a NAV6 from 2020 that came with my 2020 K1600. This has been replaced once already for sudden rebooting

So far the NAV 5 has been the best unit in terms of reliability and I keep it as a spare.

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
This is weird. In nearly 5 years of using it, I've never had any of these problems on my Nav VI; nor the V or IV that preceded it. Not saying it's not happening but I wonder how prevalent the problem is?

Reactions: pkpr1998

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
I am on my 3rd "New" Nav VI. Earlier this year I had to do a factory reset on this 3rd one because it was asking me if I wanted to change to Automobile Mode every time I started my bike. In June, I bought another one off eBay (Used, $400) to have as a backup and I rotate use between the 2 units. The screen contrast on the eBay one is slightly better than the 3rd "new" unit - The screen on the 3rd unit is sort of grainy compared to the used one.

Unit #1 bought new from a dealer - was occasionally rebooting and/or screen blanking out (black).
Unit #2 replacement unit from Garmin - bluetooth did not work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts