BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Had a similar question when I bought my '19B due to all of the electronics.
I bought the Optima 4 CAN-BUS charger and plugged it into the L side DIN connector without issue.
I then had the opportunity to buy a pre-owned BMW CAN-BUS charger and am using it plugged into the L side DIN connector as well without issue. I also road this past winter with just my heated jacket plugged int the same DIN connector without issue. I also installed a SAE connector direct to the battery terminals incase I need to plug and fill a tire with my mini air compressor, or am away and want to connect my Battery Tender charger.

Reactions: k1610dah

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I have three that we use on a K1600, 1200RT and 750GS for the last 4 years without any issues. I also wired in the SAE connector directly to the battery for all its optional uses. The Optima 4's have been great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have used optimate chargers on all sorts of vehicles for 20 years. Never had a problem. They have even resurrected some ‘dead’ batteries. Excellent bit of kit as long as you aren’t in a hurry or just want to maintain a battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts