BMW K1600 Forum banner

Any specific tools I need for my soon to be in my hands 22" K1600 GA?

2K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  k1610dah 
#1 ·
OK, I like to perform most of the maintenance on my bikes. While I may avoid the valve check at 18K, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Are there any BMW/K1600 specific tools I'll need to perform routine maintenance? I'd like to compile a list to purchase prior to the bike getting here. As always, thanks for any input!

#2 ·
I'd start at the thread directly above yours:

#5 ·
GS-911 diagnostic tool

Reactions: M1A1Commander
#11 ·
All ready to go on that. Have a US Bank card with a promo of spend 2k get 500 back just itching for accessories! What's funny is that on all my other bikes, anytime there is something new on it, she might notice and say, "was that on here" and I'm always like "it came with that from the dealer". I think she's been on to me for the last 10-20 years. Lol!!

#16 ·
Also, get an authentic upgradable factory service manual. It is really good documentation and it will also mention any tools that you need.
You will find BMW specific tools listed there that you can order from your dealer. They are expensive, but I personally feel they are way cheaper than paying your dealership. But again, I love tools. So it may not be for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.