BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2015 BMW K1600 GTL
99 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
55,500Mi
Ninja:
Not me, found that the ballast driven XENON buld is just fine, however I've the added Darla lights as well, not sure I'd mess with it. Having your Model and Year would be helpful, whether in title or name badge.
Font Technology Rectangle Electronic device Audio equipment

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 2016 GT and 2026 GTL.

mam getting ready to install brightest led hi beam bulbs. Am trying to get bright white light instead of the stock yellow bulbs.
So am thinking get all 3 of them while I’m there so they all have extreme bright white light instead of a mix of yellow and white.

Ninja

· Registered
2015 BMW K1600 GTL
99 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
55,500Mi
@Ninjawarrior
Well if you're successful please post pictures and instruction for the community. On a side being a nube to this model, I'm not certain but exchanging the stock (OEM) bulb type may affect the CANBUS system and may require other electronic function, again not sure about this, but wanted to send a heads up.

· Registered
2013 GTL (BMW)
63 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
27,000 m
I'm investigating the all three change myself. As a BSEE I'm familiar with electronics but not finding any D1S HID (single) for sale That's better than what is stock in my 2013 gtl. There's quite. Few sets for sale with ballast and caps to foil the can bus sys. I'll be upgrading everything. I did find for this bike you need 360 degree led emission since the reflectors are round. Lot of leds are sided which will not suit my needs. Standard depths are 65mm which fits on the D7 highs. My question for the forum. Is the center light D1S a hi/low or just low. And also how are the rings illuminated on the highs when not on? I can't see wires or bulbs. There's tons of lights out there And 2022 tech is really awesome. Doing lots of study to get the most out of my labor. It's a ton of work to get that headlight off and also check valves. If anyone can give me some good sources ide be happy. BTW, these lights are cheap for cars but it seems Motorcycle vendors are expensive. I know ballast, caps, led, lights and diodes so it's pretty cheap stuff now day's. Will update my finished product.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts