BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comparing Clearwater expensive bulbs to Denali showed Denali to be a bit brighter and less expensive.
So thinking about getting a set on my GTL.
Wanted to see if any forum members have any experience with them or problems

Recommendations on where to buy at lowest price?

Ninja

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,649 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
I have D7s on my GT, with the amber lenses. I use a CanSmart controller. I am on m 3rd controller. Customer service has been very good, excellent almost. Only issue is that I had to wait months for the last controller to arrive. Why they couldn't pull one from wholesale stock or from a retail vendor for me I don't know. The lights themselves have been trouble free. They are bright. They can turn night into day. I think I got mine off Twisted Throttle. I think there is some common ownership there, but I'm not positive. Seems like they have a sale once or twice a year. Maybe around one of the summer holidays, Labor, 4th, Memorial...not certain. I believe Revzzilla also sells them. If you have any points accumulated there it might be a good value to apply them against a purchase. I mount the D7s on mirror mounts. It was difficult to get the mounts just right and took a number of washers to custom adjust them, but I'm very pleased with the light output, the adjustability via the WW, the flash to pass, the flash on horn. All excellent. I also use the CanSmart to control my heated gear. It's a great piece of kit. I'm hopeful the bugs are ironed out and this one lasts longer. The warranty was extended and re-started when I received this replacement.

• Helpful
Reactions: josephdfrick

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
I have the D3's and had the DR-1's. No issues with either. A quality light at a better price than Clearwater. Like others the Denali Cansmart controller has been an issue. It has been replaced twice now under warranty with no questions asked.

When dealing with them, I get the feeling that when they realize there is a issue with a product they admit it and stand behind their product. My DR-1's had a dimming issue soon after getting them. When I called they said that they were aware that a certain lot of lights had a defective component. They didn't have replacements at that time, but would ship them has soon as they did. Once I received the new lights I was to return the old ones on their dime.

The best part is that you actually talk to people who know the products when you call in.

Great Company to work with.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Just to Clarify the Denali Cansmart is actually a Hex Ezcan. Denali has partnered with Hex who actually produces these in South Africa. Denali just changes the name as is a very widely used practice in electronics.

·
Premium Member
2018 K1600GT Opt 719 Blue Planet Metallic
3,649 Posts
2022 MI/KM:
10340 mi
Denali 10% off at Twisted Throttle. Just received the email notification.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Reactions: Gixxerific
1 - 8 of 8 Posts