BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I got my K16GT I insured via Carole Nash
I changed to Bennett's a few years back because Carole Nash automatically included the cost of European breakdown and as I purchased BWW breakdown I did not want to pay twice
Because Bennett's have charged me an unreasonable admin amount (in my opinion) because I have changed my bike I am considering changing broker out of principle
Can anyone recommend a bike insurer where European breakdown insurance is a costed option?
Andy (alias Victor Meldrew)

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I have been using Dairyland. Reasonable rates but haven't had any claims so don't know how they do.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I use Dairyland as well.

When my bike got totaled in Feb by another driver, Dairyland handled the claim. They're awesome to work with. The only issue I have is now that I have a claim, my premium went up.

I don't aagree with the increased premium but what can I do? I was a pedestrian, standing next to my bike and the driver ran both of us over.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Progressive and love' em.

Reactions: netbeui

·
Registered
271 Posts
Every year when insurance is due I visit gocompare.com and confused.com running my details through. I don't always take the cheapest but sometimes I am surprised how cheap the best deals are and it makes me look around. The other advantage is normally in the comparison table they give you a clear view of features included or not like European Breakdown... This year I swapped to MCE from Bennett's as for the second year Bennett's tried to increase my premium... Peter

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks UK gents, I think I will try MCE first and then comparison sites if need be

Thanks US guys but I was looking for a UK insurer

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had terrible problems getting a decent quote. Turns out it was the value of the bike causing the problem because it was so new. Once I dropped the value to £18,500 sensible quotes came in.

Ended up with ZENITH via one of the comparison sites. I did it by phone though and the guy was really helpfull changing this 'n' that to get a good price.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Progressive Ins

Progressive and love' em.
Progressive was great when trading my bike, no problems with the paperwork. Emailed all the forms with the proper approval stamps for the RMV, etc.
And when the 83 year old guy rear ended me earlier this year, they paid right away...Didn't get the bike back for 2 months, but, meh...:frown:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try Bikesure, used them on my Harley and now speaking with them on swapping policy over the my K1600GTL until it runs out. Helpful staff.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Try Bikesure, used them on my Harley and now speaking with them on swapping policy over the my K1600GTL until it runs out. Helpful staff.
Before I got my K16GT I insured via Carole Nash
I changed to Bennett's a few years back because Carole Nash automatically included the cost of European breakdown and as I purchased BWW breakdown I did not want to pay twice
Because Bennett's have charged me an unreasonable admin amount (in my opinion) because I have changed my bike I am considering changing broker out of principle
Can anyone recommend a bike insurer where European breakdown insurance is a costed option?
Andy (alias Victor Meldrew)
I Tried everywhere with cheapest £
780, then tried MCE and it was £356

1 - 13 of 13 Posts