BMW K1600 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
They are going fast. Only 27 left.
Yep, there were 105 left as of 10:41 pm PST last night. At the rate they're going, they'll be gone in the next 2-3 hours.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
REVZILLA customer service told me the "A" spec has a reinforced 2-ply sidewall for 2 up, bag touring and a higher load rating.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Great Customer Service from Pirelli!

:):)Got this message today from Pirelli;

Great News! We are ready to start shipping the Angel GT Front Tire to you. Even better news, we will be paying for the shipping too! Since we got such a great response to the promotion and everyone was so patient while we caught up with the power of Social Media….we wanted to thank you by paying for not only the FREE front tire, but also the shipping. Thank you again everyone.
:)

Gotta love a company that goes above and beyond.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Too bad I heard about this offer too late to get in on it. I paid for 2 and got them put on 2 weeks ago and rode down to the RA rally in Asheville and back on them and I love them! They handle so much better than the Z8 and after 2300 miles there is very little sign of wear. One day I spent the whole day on skyline drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway in a downpour and they stuck like it was dry.

If they ever do this again I'll get a set and just put them away until I'm ready. :lurk2:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm getting ready for new shoes. Perusing the Angel GT web page, I find 3 versions listed for 190/55 17, an A, D and a plain vanilla version. Yet when I try the fitment calculator for the 1600, Pirelli says they can't recommend the GT. Anybody have a clue whats up with that?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A little update on my Angel GTs - I have just shy of 2600 miles on them and see very little wear compared to my original Z8s at the same mileage. Sticks much better; very confident in curves as well as in the wet. One thing that may contribute to their longevity is that I don't think they generate nearly as much heat while riding as the Z8 did. I conclude this due to the fact that I check my tires before my ride and rigorously maintain a 42/42 cold pressure and after an hour or 2 of riding in 85 degree temperatures the TPMS reading will only show 39/40 front and rear. I believe the TPMS compensates for different ambient temperatures but I think that the curve they use is based on the Z8 temperature response.

BTW - I'm using the standard tire since about 95% of my riding is solo with no/little luggage.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So, I was slowly getting fed up with waiting on the B-Spec PR3, and decided that the Angel GT looks like a great option...but I can't find the things anywhere! Seems like every online retailer is sold out/back-ordered on the A-Spec 190/55. Anybody have a place that has them in stock??

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
So, I was slowly getting fed up with waiting on the B-Spec PR3, and decided that the Angel GT looks like a great option...but I can't find the things anywhere! Seems like every online retailer is sold out/back-ordered on the A-Spec 190/55. Anybody have a place that has them in stock??
Because of the sale they just had it may be difficult to find a pair.

Meanwhile if you need tires now the Dunlap Road Smart II is a very nice tire that I got 6k+ out of. I'm installing my second set this week.

·
Registered
732 Posts
The A Spec 190/55 was never in stock at any dealer. They have been saying that they expect delivery in two weeks for the past 2 months.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Pirelli delivered my front tire yesterday. I was waiting for an email from them, but it just arrived unannounced. I was #211 so many probably already have or will get their front delivered soon.
Dave

·
Registered
732 Posts
Got mine this morning :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Angel GT "A" spec per Pirelli

I have a set of GT's (A spec rear) on order and the Pirelli USA response to my e-mail stated:
We do have a new A Spec 190/55ZR17 Angel GT in the works but it was delayed and we do not expect until late next month. Yes it is designed for the BMW, and we are sorry for its delay.

Q:A thread on the K1600 forum has some info about the recent promotion, and more than one person has commented that they may think they have already bought the "A" spec rear tire during the promotion.
Reply:
The confusion is related to the fact we offer a 190/50ZR17 A Spec rear, and this is not the correct tire for a BMW! So if your friends are buying that tire, they are buying the wrong one. As of today we hope to ship the new size 190/55ZR17 A Spec Angel GT this month, so that means the tires will arrive in late August.

My Metzelers should last until then since it's so hot I'm only riding in the mornings right now, so I'll wait. Unfortunately none of the other tires being developed for the big K are available either, so I guess we don't have a lot of choices if we don't want more Z8's.
:(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Just got back from my dealer a couple of hours ago. 12k service and both front & rear Angel GT Pirelli's installed.
With only about 30 miles on them I can say they are a lot grippier than the Bridgestone BT's that came stock (at least they feel grippier). I was dragging my left foot peg on the on-ramp (& I don't normally do that).

Once I get a chance to get some decent miles on them I'll file a more comprehensive report.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts