BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Welcome to the April Bike of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
here is my 2013 k1600Gt purchased second hand at the end of 2019. Omg what a bike I love it been doing some hard ass challenges in Australia and I have added a set of touring pegs to stretch my legs out a little.
Love knowing I have power all round if I need it and love the balance for the twisties etc .

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,943 Posts
This is my second K1600 GTL which is a 2016 model. I put 92,500 miles on my 2012 GTL and now have 49,000 miles on the 2016 bike. Besides a lot of little additions to the bike probably the main one that serves me the best is the Russell Day Long seat. I've done up to 800 miles a day on this bike and jumped on it the next day and rode another 700 miles.
A couple years ago I did the vinyl wrap to give it some personal character.

I love the power and smoothness along with all the creature comforts of these bikes. Every ride is memorable, in it's own way, but rides in the Rocky Mountains are always my favorite ones to do especially Beartooth Pass.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
In her 100,000 miles, there are too many memories to pick just one, and too many features to list my favorite.

She is not as shiny or clean as most, but has scars to reflect her character. She has mismatched hand grips, broken chrome, a hole in the seat, and every painted part is either scratched or has a hole drilled in it for some accoutrement I've attached.

I'll just say that of the horses that power her, they aren't thoroughbreds! But she has the grace and power of Arabians, a few Morgans make up her work ethic, and the responsive calm of a Quarter Horse allow me to push her well beyond my innate riding capabilities, load her down with more weight than expected, and take her places she doesn't belong.

20201125_083116.jpg Note the digging stick I'm glad I found to dig her out of this sand trap.

I've got her stuck her mud, in creeks, and in sand. I've literally rode her into the ground a few times. I think I've washed her 3 times in the eight years and 100K miles I've own her. I put cheap gas her, overheat her more times than I can remember, don't changed plugs, brake or final drive fluid nearly as often as recommended, never changed the shocks, and yet she runs smooth without burning oil.

20200501_173006.jpg

She has a few extras including her 2d CalSci after the 1st one broke when she leaped off the trailer she was on, probably from embarrassment -- which I guess one has to respect.
Just got a Russell seat (Not Shown) which I have to wonder why I waited sooo long to get.
The couple of dog carriers - one that replaces the trunk, and one that sits on passenger seat.
A Passport 9500 laser jammer to let me know how fast I am going to get a ticket for.

20141221_170242.jpg

Unless the bike grew a tail, there are three dogs in there, including the 90 lbs lab who probably has 50K miles on bikes starting with the K1200LT - he was usually with me until his death.

·
Registered
399 Posts
The only simple explanation, I can ever have for this bike, is it got me back in the saddle again.
Several years ago , with a broken heart I sold my HD RoadGlide Ultra and hung up my helmet.
My bad back, bummed knee and messed up clutch hand was putting me in danger and the heated gloves were not helping anymore.
I then avoided anything motorcycle, but because i have a 335i convertible ( Yes I bought it after selling the bike because I at least got some wind in my hair), the BMW bagger popped up in my newsfeed. When i saw the pic, I went wow, I gotta read about this. Then I read Reverse, Hillstop assist and Quickshift Pro and my head was spinning.
The biggest feature that helped was Quickshift Pro, because with short practice I can pop it out of first and I'm hardly pulling that clutch in and my hand is not getting cramped up.
I bought it used and got extremely lucky because the prev owner yanked out the Amp but left, the Focal speakers/tweeters in the paniers, Focal speakers/tweeters in the front dash and hidden in the top of the paniers, was a pair of Crossovers. The dealer didn't even know it, so my bonus. I added an Amp and I was golden for highway tunes.
Since getting her, I've added the risers, grip puppies, Bluetooth controller wired and velcroed to the side of the clutch reservoir, illumworks bag guards with bottle(coffee holder) and cigarette lighter/usb ports, led skull license plate holder, and the latest purchase was the Remus quad exhaust.
i also got the indicator/driving led emblem, oil cooler cover and "6" dash bag coming in the mail.
thanks for looking...RideSafe and Rubber side down.
----------------------------------------------========>>>>>>>>> My Beasty Girl <<<<<<<<<<<========----------------------------------------------

·
Techmeister
K1600GA
2,470 Posts
I'll just say that of the horses that power her, they aren't thoroughbreds! But she has the grace and power of Arabians, a few Morgans make up her work ethic, and the responsive calm of a Quarter Horse allow me to push her well beyond my innate riding capabilities, load her down with more weight than expected, and take her places she doesn't belong.
Work those metaphors!

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is my second K1600 GTL which is a 2016 model. I put 92,500 miles on my 2012 GTL and now have 49,000 miles on the 2016 bike. Besides a lot of little additions to the bike probably the main one that serves me the best is the Russell Day Long seat. I've done up to 800 miles a day on this bike and jumped on it the next day and rode another 700 miles.
A couple years ago I did the vinyl wrap to give it some personal character.

I love the power and smoothness along with all the creature comforts of these bikes. Every ride is memorable, in it's own way, but rides in the Rocky Mountains are always my favorite ones to do especially Beartooth Pass.
I rode 500 miles on day one and 900 the next on the stock seat on my 2018 GTL going from Sacramento CA to Williston ND , the last couple hundred I was in agony but needed to get home. I really want, no NEED to get a Day Long!

·
Registered
12 Posts
2018 GTL, bought from Missoula BMW (Big Sky Motorsports) Feb 2020. They had it marked down to 21,300 no one bought it. Put 1000 down over the phone and the next weekend drove my pickup there and picked her up. She had 1.4 miles on her and now a little over 12K.

Attachments

·
KBiK
1,872 Posts
My 2015 K1600GT aka KBiK

Cabot Trail, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Million Dollar Highway, Colorado

Shenandoah Skyline, Virginia

KBiK and I have shared 105,000 miles together riding all over the USA and Canada with one of the most memorable moments being a ride to the Arctic Circle on the Dalton Highway in Alaska in 2017.

The modifications I have made to KBiK are:
  • OEM Top Box with brake light and Euro Perspex rack
  • ALTRider Engine Guard and Illium Rear Tip-Over Bars.
  • All electronic accessories controlled by PDM60 power distribution system
  • Adaptiv TPX Radar Detector with @Darbinco radar shelf
  • 115dB Stebel Nautilus horn
  • SPOT Gen4.
  • TopSpeed LED high beam bulbs
  • Clearwater Ericas and Darlas, Billie Brake Light with CANopener 4.
  • Skene P3 Brake Lights and Photon Blaster Turn signals
  • Standard Navigator V GPS with additional Garmin Montana GPS and Garmin ZumoXT GPS
  • BlueSkySea DV988 DVR with front and rear video cameras
  • Sargent Seat.
  • Aerostich Panniers with 1 gallon hydration system
  • Warm n' Safe Heated Jacket Liner and Touring Gloves with Remote Heat-Roller

·
Premium Member
2016 K1600 GTL, 2005 Bushtec Trailer and a 2020 R1250 GS
634 Posts
Well here goes. MS WhoWee! came into my life in October 2019 and we’ve been partners ever since. Living in central North Carolina provides me with numerous riding opportunities that highlights the tremendous capabilities of her. Here are just three of my many photographs of her.

But first, a list of accessories I’ve added since purchase all installed by moi. ClearWater Darla’s, Aeroflow headlight cover, Aeroflow wings and mini wings, Aeroflow windscreen, RadGard radiator screen, BlueSkySea front and rear cameras, JRyan handlebar risers, RL’s oil cooler screen and Super plug, ClearWater Betsy running lights, Schroedie Roundel lights, RKA electrified tank bag and side case liners, BMW top case liner bag, Nav 5 GPS, Spot Gen3 tracking device, V-1 Radar detector, Lidlox helmet holders, Heed engine protection bars, Suburban Machinery rider peg lowering kit, Illium Works passenger foot boards, RDL sport seat, Bakup rider backrest, BMW OEM passenger armrest, top case brake light, C4’s side case protection bars, Ackropovic exhaust, Bren Stage 2 flash, K&N air filter, Bushtec trailer hitch, Ride-On tire sealant, Dunlop RS III tires, graphics paint kit and an upgraded horn for good measure! Almost forgot to list those forged aluminum wheels.
954C4B7A-BC09-4CB6-A435-43AF464A9C77.jpeg
327CB622-D92F-4C02-88D0-76B8EFFD0058.jpeg
55724958-8F58-4E64-99BC-E6F4FA871878.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2016 K1600 GTL, 2005 Bushtec Trailer and a 2020 R1250 GS
634 Posts
In her 100,000 miles, there are too many memories to pick just one, and too many features to list my favorite.

She is not as shiny or clean as most, but has scars to reflect her character. She has mismatched hand grips, broken chrome, a hole in the seat, and every painted part is either scratched or has a hole drilled in it for some accoutrement I've attached.

View attachment 151473 Note the digging stick I'm glad I found to dig her out of this sand trap.

I've got her stuck her mud, in creeks, and in sand. I've literally drove her into the ground a few times. I think I've washed her 3 times in the eight years and 100K miles I've own her. I put cheap gas her, overheat her more times than I can remember, don't changed plugs, brake or final drive fluid nearly as often as recommended, never changed the shocks, and yet she runs smooth without burning oil.

View attachment 151482

She has a few extras including her 2d CalSci after the 1st one broke when she leaped off the trailer she was on, probably from embarrassment -- which I guess one has to respect.
Just got a Russell seat (Not Shown) which I have to wonder why I waited sooo long to get.
The couple of dog carriers - one that replaces the trunk, and one that sits on passenger seat.
A Passport 9500 laser jammer to let me know how fast I am going to get a ticket for.

View attachment 151474
Unless the bike grew a tail, there are three dogs in there, including the 90 lbs lab who probably has 50K miles on bikes starting with the K1200LT - he was usually with me until his death.
I vote for you sir! Being the grand story teller that you are. Please submit this post to BMWNA; ya never know what it may lead to. Salute to your 👧!!

Reactions: Busted

·
Registered
2013 GTL
674 Posts
  1. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  2. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  3. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  4. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  5. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  6. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
????

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Welcome to the April Bike of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

·
Registered
3 Posts
For your consideration, may I present my "Inga". 2014 K1600GT.

Upgrades include Remus Carbon Fiber exhaust and Stainless Steel Headers. Short, tinted shield. BrenTuning Moto Stage 1 Flash.

Best bike I’ve ever owned. I keep up with the squids in canyons or ride comfortably for 500 miles on road trips. My “ Inga” is coming up on 65,000 miles and runs as strong as she did in 2015. She’s been to the Million Dollar Highway in CO and to the Rock Store in CA.

800C0598-9A9E-4C8B-835D-C61974B0B0B3.jpeg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.