BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like others, I want to ride with no arm rests without making it a project. I saw Bucks thread on the modification and went for it (http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-k1600-general-discussions/46281-modified-arm-rest.html). I'm more than satisfied. First and most important - the finished modification looks great and is very functional. Secondly - Buck was simply wonderful to deal with. He's a very decent, honest, and honorable individual who jus wants to make our riding experience better. I'll go out of my way one day to ride through his home town to meet and visit with him. Don't think about it - just do it! You'll be so darn glad you did.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thus is a really old post. Anybody have an idea if this is still an option or if anyone else is doing this machining work?

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Thus is a really old post. Anybody have an idea if this is still an option or if anyone else is doing this machining work?
Good reminder...I had looked at this option after getting my bike, but have been busy with other mods. I sent buck a message...he has logged in to the forum recently.

·
Registered
453 Posts
All I know is I had mine done by buck and it works perfect! If you get the chance, and want removable arm rests I strongly recommend this process.
Rick

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I had Buck modify the armrest mount on my GTLE and still love it. My wife likes the ease of removing the armrests and I like being able to ride the bike with no trunk or bags. You will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Like others, I want to ride with no arm rests without making it a project. I saw Bucks thread on the modification and went for it (Modified Arm Rest). I'm more than satisfied. First and most important - the finished modification looks great and is very functional. Secondly - Buck was simply wonderful to deal with. He's a very decent, honest, and honorable individual who jus wants to make our riding experience better. I'll go out of my way one day to ride through his home town to meet and visit with him. Don't think about it - just do it! You'll be so darn glad you did.
While you have the armrest frame out being modified (highly recommended) consider taking the actual armrests to a welder to have them beefed up as they are easy to break and you cannot purchase the individual armrests as parts.

I broke the left side armrest in a garage incident (others have had theirs broken by wives getting on and off, lifting the bike wrong, etc). I took the pieces into the welder to have redone and while I was at it had him beef up the right side armrest to match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts