BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone considering epoxy on the floor, this stuff is amazing. It's a roll-on, three coat, multi-day project. I had the commercial grade Home-Depot epoxy before, which is crap. There is no comparison. I went with Ultra Military. I tossed the chips and added no grit for the shine It's slick when wet but otherwise no issues. It will scratch if you drag metal over it but nothing sticks. It's about $1.50/sf but I think it's worth it. This is my floor after two years. You can eat ice cream off of it.

·
Premium Member
6,453 Posts
Chocolate or vanilla?
Did you have to strip the old epoxy off first and if so did you have to grind the concrete before putting down the new stuff?

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is an acid wash. No grinding but if I was doing it again I'd have the concrete polished and sealed. Then the epoxy would look like glass.

·
Premium Member
2,430 Posts
We had a commercial finish put down and I love everything about it except that moisture and water dripping is not absorbed like it was with concrete. It can be slippery when wet so it's necessary to mop up water. I'd hesitate on the ice cream off of the floor though...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Epoxy floor coverings become slick his eyes when moisture gets on them. If you live in areas where nights are cool and then days are warm you’ll become very familiar with slipping across the floor.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Those beautiful finishes that look fantastic are terrible in daily use.
When my car drips a bit of AC moisture if I subsequently move the car its now a chance of slipping.
If your moving a motorcycle its worse.

Good Luck I will never have that finish again.

Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts