BMW K1600 Forum banner

Armor Garage

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  flyjets 
#1 ·
For anyone considering epoxy on the floor, this stuff is amazing. It's a roll-on, three coat, multi-day project. I had the commercial grade Home-Depot epoxy before, which is crap. There is no comparison. I went with Ultra Military. I tossed the chips and added no grit for the shine It's slick when wet but otherwise no issues. It will scratch if you drag metal over it but nothing sticks. It's about $1.50/sf but I think it's worth it. This is my floor after two years. You can eat ice cream off of it.

See less See more
#6 ·
We had a commercial finish put down and I love everything about it except that moisture and water dripping is not absorbed like it was with concrete. It can be slippery when wet so it's necessary to mop up water. I'd hesitate on the ice cream off of the floor though...

#7 ·
Epoxy floor coverings become slick his eyes when moisture gets on them. If you live in areas where nights are cool and then days are warm you’ll become very familiar with slipping across the floor.

#8 · (Edited)
Those beautiful finishes that look fantastic are terrible in daily use.
When my car drips a bit of AC moisture if I subsequently move the car its now a chance of slipping.
If your moving a motorcycle its worse.

Good Luck I will never have that finish again.

Ian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.