BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize in advance I know there are numerous threads in regards to blue tooth connection but it confuses me. I want a Bluetooth that will work with the wonder wheel. I want to be able to use my phone and listen to music that I have downloaded on to a flash drive which I have connected to the bike. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
I am using the Sena SMH10 helmet headset, Motochella interface connected to the speaker wires under the seat and a Sena SM10 Bluetooth sending unit along with a hardwire from a 12volt switched source to power the SM10.
I can listen to anything connected to the bike's audio which would include things plugged into the right glove box and the GPS along with my iPhone.
Everything bluetooths to the helmet and I can operate the bikes audio switches on the left panel and the wonder wheel for volume.

I'll try and find more info on these units for you.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I used the Sena SMH10 then the 20s and they both worked just fine for the 7 years I had a 1600. My music was a USB stick in the right pocket and I had a Samsung phone. I set the Sena up using phone one paring for the bike and phone two paring for the phone.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
I am using the Sena SMH10 helmet headset, Motochella interface connected to the speaker wires under the seat and a Sena SM10 Bluetooth sending unit along with a hardwire from a 12volt switched source to power the SM10.
I can listen to anything connected to the bike's audio which would include things plugged into the right glove box and the GPS along with my iPhone.
Everything bluetooths to the helmet and I can operate the bikes audio switches on the left panel and the wonder wheel for volume.

I'll try and find more info on these units for you.
Hi Arizona Jim. I have the same setup that you have for bluetooth. Do you have a hum in your audio and if so how have you fixed it?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I apologize in advance I know there are numerous threads in regards to blue tooth connection but it confuses me. I want a Bluetooth that will work with the wonder wheel. I want to be able to use my phone and listen to music that I have downloaded on to a flash drive which I have connected to the bike. Thanks.
The stock bmw communicator does just what you want, not everyones choice though

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Especially when you need a specific helmet to use the BMW headset. And the new ones aren't available in the U.S.
Having swapped mine from one to another helmet, they are held in place with double sided tape and pressure. the part to conquer would be how to mount the mic

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
Hi Arizona Jim. I have the same setup that you have for bluetooth. Do you have a hum in your audio and if so how have you fixed it?

Thanks in advance
Unplug the GPS audio wire from the Alpine unit under the seat (2nd connector from the right side of the bike). You lose GPS audio to the speakers but if your pairing your headset to the GPS you don't care.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts

Thanks in advance
It's been awhile since I rode the bike but I do get a hum in certain circumstances, I can't remember what that is, but not while actually listening to my iPod music. When I don't want to listen to anything except the thoughts in my head (scary I know) but still want to hear the GPS commands or answer the telephone I will select AUX on the screen. Then I have dead silence in my helmet until a GPS command comes on. This won't work if you are using a thumb drive plugged into the USB cable in the right glove box. With an iPod (or iPhone) using both cables in that glove box my method works fine.

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Unplug the GPS audio wire from the Alpine unit under the seat (2nd connector from the right side of the bike). You lose GPS audio to the speakers but if your pairing your headset to the GPS you don't care.
I'll have to give that a try.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of the better moves I have made. The K1600 GT OEM Bluetooth sucks, or at least mine does. Never could get a 2nd helmet to pair with it. Also, the wonder wheel doesn't adjust volume in BT: my way it does.

A power supply with 2 USB cables & use the 2nd cable to charge my phone on the road. A cheap BT transmitter off Amazon, that will pair with 2 helmets. Not required, but the MotoChello allows me to run to the speakers (though I never do).

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts