BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys a long-time member but been away for about a year I live in Newcastle NSW Australia and had a 2017 GTL before selling that in 2018 and bought an Indian Road Master. long story but I bought a new R1250 Rt 2 weeks ago and even though its a nice bike to ride and handles well as all BMW`s do I had issues with neck and shoulder pain so did a deal and bought a new GTL 2019 but have to wait till BMW allows them to be released as they have the stop-sale or stop ride on with the current fault in the Yoke shift selector. I wanted the Rt because of the low weight against the RM and now the GTL, but to overcome the issue of the GTL weight I ordered my new bike with reverse as I am only 75 kg so I should solve any issues with pulling the bike back.
Cheers and will be nice to be back on the GTL once it comes meanwhile my dealership is loaning me an older K1600GTL until the new bike arrives.
Cheers
Geoff

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Congrats! I hope the wait to take delivery isn't too long.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, guys, too be honest with the loan bike an older 2012 GTL with 47,000 klms. on it, I am in no great hurry to get the new bike. Providing it is fixed and no more issues which I dought would happen with the BMW techs. doing the job before they release the bike to the dealerships. I did call BMW Customer interaction center today and they confirmed they have the info from Germany and should have the parts in December or January 2020 depending on the Christmas break and production of the new parts. The old GTL rides well and costing me nothing in registration or Insurance so for now I am just riding the loan bike and enjoying it. Of course I will be happy once I get the new bike, but knew about the stosale etc before I agreed to buy the bike.

·
Registered
434 Posts
@Geoff 3, as my father use to say, good things come to the one who wait. Enjoy her and happy and safe riding !!!!! The sad part in my case is the nasty winter in the Northeast. It is a killer when you love to ride so much.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome back Geoff

Hello Geoff,

thank you for sharing your Story!

If you need anything for your bike, let us know. :wink:

#motorcycle #scooter #moped #motorrad #motowear #helmets #bags #styl #modern #clothing #ridinggear
#brands #originalpart #aftermarketpart #oemparts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, guys nice to be back.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Welcome back; good to see your dealer is supportive with an appropriate loan bike.

Now Newcastle NSW, the World's coal export capital - never has Newcastle, & Gateshead come to that, been so close to Cardiff & Toronto. You must have some great riding country around there & I guess Bathurst isn't too far.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome back; good to see your dealer is supportive with an appropriate loan bike.

Now Newcastle NSW, the World's coal export capital - never has Newcastle, & Gateshead come to that, been so close to Cardiff & Toronto. You must have some great riding country around there & I guess Bathurst isn't too far.
We have some great roads in the Hunter Valley ( Wine growing area and of course coal mines too ) Bathurst is around a 5-hour ride west over the Blue Mountains. Have not done too much country riding at the moment as half of the east coast of Australia is alight with bush fires and heaps of damage to property and so far 3 or 4 lives lost. We have not had decent rainfall and going into our 10th plus year of drought. Lots of farmers doing it tuff and we are getting so many dust storms due to no topsoil on the land out west along with stock and wildlife dropping dead without food or water. Looking forward to getting the new bike released but till then the loan bike is fine.
Cheers
Geoff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts