·
Premium Member
350 Posts
¡¡¡sıɥʇ ʇsısǝɹ ʇ,uplnoɔ ı ʇnq ǝʞoɾ plo uɐ sʇı ʍouʞ ı

˙sɐǝpı 0061ʞ ɹnoʎ ǝƃlnpuı oʇ ǝɔɐds uʍo ɹnoʎ ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ǝǝs oʇ pɐlƃ

·
International Man of Mystery
3,565 Posts
He did that to lure @Donna away from the general crowd. Hope he fails;)

Reactions: Donna

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not only did we get out own list but they put us at the top right where we should be LOL.

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Upside Down
1,841 Posts
Hi Australian Riders,
The Admin just created this regional section for us.
You will find that most forums don't get used a lot here in Australia, the very reason most of us use the main general universal section. It is not just this forum the Indian forum never took off here as well, even in their Australia dedicated section just like this fantastic forum.

Reactions: RDeweger

·
Registered
241 Posts
As Geoff3 said somewhere, we Ausies are a bit slack when it comes to forums etc I thought I'd post a few pics of my recent trip, 9 nights away but only 2000ks so not a big trip at all.
20200906_104023.jpg
20200906_104023.jpg
20200912_130009.jpg
20200906_190710.jpg
20200912_130009.jpg
20200906_104023.jpg 20200906_190710.jpg 20200912_130009.jpg 20200915_113358.jpg 20200906_162018.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Australian Riders,
The Admin just created this regional section for us.
Great forum and nice to see some Aussies onboard. New to my Kbike and loving the difference from my previous 2 cylinder tractor (still have, and love, a Vrod tho). Really appreciate the advice and product reports, I dont post much, but read a lot.Stay safe and stay upright. AC3000

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Woohoo a place for us Aussies.
I purchased my first BMW last November its a 2013 K1600 GT. Love this bike. it rides beautifully. Did Jindabyne a few weeks ago for a weekend aw. Loved it although i left a little later then i anticipated.. **** work always gets in the way.
It was a little cool by the time i hit thredbo, but the hand warmers worked a treat.
Sad to see the roads were 60kms, but I'm not the best on corners anyway..
Still loved the ride the scenery was amazing. will try to find my pics to upload here and the videos well they are huge..lol

·
Texas Thorn
2,383 Posts
Welcome “mates” (same as Pards here in Texas?) Been trying to learn the language from some good Aussies on the KTM forum.

Reactions: Derwood

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
77 Posts
As Geoff3 said somewhere, we Ausies are a bit slack when it comes to forums etc I thought I'd post a few pics of my recent trip, 9 nights away but only 2000ks so not a big trip at all. View attachment 146019 View attachment 146019 View attachment 146021 View attachment 146020 View attachment 146021 View attachment 146019 View attachment 146020 View attachment 146021 View attachment 146022 View attachment 146023
Hi Adventure Boy
Can you tell me what road it is , you took the photo with the snow on the hills in the background . Is it up near Kosciusko ? I think I did this road on my GS but I can’t remember it’s name, We had a bit of pace going I didn’t note this road, but it was a great ride.
Could you let me know please

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Adventure Boy
Can you tell me what road it is , you took the photo with the snow on the hills in the background . Is it up near Kosciusko ? I think I did this road on my GS but I can’t remember it’s name, We had a bit of pace going I didn’t note this road, but it was a great ride.
Could you let me know please
Yep Donna is on the money, Snowy Mtns Highway heading West well before Kiandra. Awesome ride through there all the way from Cooma to Tumut and beyond. Baz.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
77 Posts
Thank You Donna
I’m pretty sure we came down from Jindabyne on a couple of windy roads and ended up on it. I loved the sweeping bends , it was my favourite road up there. We are planning another Kosciusko ride In March for a week.
Hopefully my new B lands in February I will take that instead of the GS 1250 r. It will also depend on the border rules too.
We stayed at the Jindabyne Pub , had a great night there, hoping to do the same in March.

Appreciate you giving me the info of the road, thanks again

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
77 Posts
Yep Donna is on the money, Snowy Mtns Highway heading West well before Kiandra. Awesome ride through there all the way from Cooma to Tumut and beyond. Baz.
Thanks Mate
We were going pretty quick, but I loved this road. As I said to Donna we are planning another ride in March, hopefully I have my B buy then.

·
Preema
1,122 Posts
Thank You Donna
I’m pretty sure we came down from Jindabyne on a couple of windy roads and ended up on it. I loved the sweeping bends , it was my favourite road up there. We are planning another Kosciusko ride In March for a week.
Hopefully my new B lands in February I will take that instead of the GS 1250 r. It will also depend on the border rules too.
We stayed at the Jindabyne Pub , had a great night there, hoping to do the same in March.

Appreciate you giving me the info of the road, thanks again
Lets us know if you want company... We can all join you for the run, promise I won't slow you down too much. And my B needs a friend, he's definitely getting lonely ;)

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
77 Posts
Lets us know if you want company... We can all join you for the run, promise I won't slow you down too much. And my B needs a friend, he's definitely getting lonely ;)
No problem will let you know. It’s most likely the week 8th > 14th March. I’ve told the organisers we have to do Kosciusko area on the ride.

·
Preema
1,122 Posts
No problem will let you know. It’s most likely the week 8th > 14th March. I’ve told the organisers we have to do Kosciusko area on the ride.
I‘m instructing on a track day on 11 March 2021, but don’t let my plans impact yours 😊😊😊

Reactions: Geoff_3

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
77 Posts
I‘m instructing on a track day on 11 March 2021, but don’t let my plans impact yours 😊😊😊
Ok we will be about up there, just look for the biggest fella on a new B. I’ve ordered Remus headers and complete exhaust system ready to put straight on and next week I’m ordering a Sargent seat ready to fit for the ride.
I hear lots of riders put these pannier bars on it due to simple falls at low speed. I don’t think I need them due to being a big fella.

·
Preema
1,122 Posts
Ok we will be about up there, just look for the biggest fella on a new B. I’ve ordered Remus headers and complete exhaust system ready to put straight on and next week I’m ordering a Sargent seat ready to fit for the ride.
I hear lots of riders put these pannier bars on it due to simple falls at low speed. I don’t think I need them due to being a big fella.
False economy mate. If (when) the bike goes over the bars pay for themselves. Two hulk hogans could not hold it up if it tips past that point of no return. Trying to stop it will break bones if your lucky... But you’re call. Just let me know when a chorus of ‘I told you so’ is applicable 😊😊😊😊😊
Looking forward to that day when we can all meet up

1 - 20 of 78 Posts