BMW K1600 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Depends which route you decide to take. There are a selection of fantastic rides from the mountains to the coast that way. I've done the Dalgety run a few times, they have a bike show up there every year. The Mt Darragh road is my pick for the run from Bombala to the coast ;)
ok i will let the guys know. Thanks

·
Preema
1,117 Posts
Must be a “down under” thing. 😂😂
Google "Hey Santa Claus" and open with extreme caution...

I was going to post but even the title screen is inappropriate

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Must be a “down under” thing. 😂😂
Its a comedian his name is Kevin Bloody Wilson he has a song called Hey Santa. If you google and listen to it make sure no Kiddy's are about, he swears a bit. Its a funny song and it describes me at the moment. I bought a new B with the plan it was going to land here in Melbourne before Xmas but due to Covid it is delayed until Feb.
The song will explain it, if you have a sense of humor you will laugh

·
Premium Member
'19 K1600GT Silver/Black/Red
148 Posts
Hope Alaska GT has a sense of humor Donna, lol this could be awkward
hahahaha too funny. @Donna and I have more in common than just riding, so I have a thick skin. So now I’m looking forward to it and will report back. 😎

·
Premium Member
'19 K1600GT Silver/Black/Red
148 Posts
Hi Donna
Thank you for the recommendation to contact Mototoysaustralia. I got hold of Rod and purchased the llium rear bars, the infill panels and shifter extension. He was good to deal with.

I also got hold of Sargent Seats via email they are doing a seat with 1.5inch higher than standard. So I will have all the bits and pieces I need sitting in the shed ready for fitting when it arrives.

Thanks for the info.

Santa Clause you forgot my bike.
Ok well now the reference in the final line of this post... I wouldn’t say “makes sense” now but at least I get it LOL 😂

You Australians seem to be a twisted bunch, I think I need to come visit. 😝

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
hahahaha too funny. @Donna and I have more in common than just riding, so I have a thick skin. So now I’m looking forward to it and will report back. 😎
Cool You Will Enjoy it i think.

Im new to the forum but ive sort of got a idea Donna is of Authority Type Person ( just a guess )
So i take it you might be too. ( just a guess )

LOL Im a good boy so nothing to worry about here. Im an Authority Type Person To but in a way different field i think

·
Registered
239 Posts
Depends which route you decide to take. There are a selection of fantastic rides from the mountains to the coast that way. I've done the Dalgety run a few times, they have a bike show up there every year. The Mt Darragh road is my pick for the run from Bombala to the coast ;)
Damo, so many choices from Jindy to the coast, get your map out to see which suits you best, most start from Bombala. Take the Snowy River Way from Jindy to Bombala. 1) From Bombala take the Mt Darragh rd to Pambula. 2) From Bombala take the Cann River to the Imlay rd turn off (left) and ride down toward Eden. 3) From Bombala take the Cann River rd all the way to Cann River.
4) From Bombala head to Delegate then Bonang and take the Bonang rd down to Orbost. All awesome runs, the Bonang rd has so many tight turns that you have a sore neck by the end of it and some are so tight that you see your own arse on the way round. Coming up to Jindy from Vic, come over Mt Hotham to Bright to Tallangatta, Corryong, Khancoban, Thredbo, Jindy.
Enjoy my friend, wish I was doing all that myself. Baz

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Damo, so many choices from Jindy to the coast, get your map out to see which suits you best, most start from Bombala. Take the Snowy River Way from Jindy to Bombala. 1) From Bombala take the Mt Darragh rd to Pambula. 2) From Bombala take the Cann River to the Imlay rd turn off (left) and ride down toward Eden. 3) From Bombala take the Cann River rd all the way to Cann River.
4) From Bombala head to Delegate then Bonang and take the Bonang rd down to Orbost. All awesome runs, the Bonang rd has so many tight turns that you have a sore neck by the end of it and some are so tight that you see your own arse on the way round. Coming up to Jindy from Vic, come over Mt Hotham to Bright to Tallangatta, Corryong, Khancoban, Thredbo, Jindy.
Enjoy my friend, wish I was doing all that myself. Baz
Thanks Baz, looking fwd to it. Hopefully the Border is open.
Just got this from Southbank Motorrad this afternoon.
Hey Damian,

Hope you are doing well.

Just an update. You’ve probably already seen it on the news. Germany has gone into full lockdown and the factory is now idle.

Luckily, I can see your bike is on the ship. It left Germany on 3/12/2020 20:58:24 hours. There is no shipping ETA as yet on our system but Ill keep checking till they have one. I will let you know once I know more.

Kind Regards,

--------------------------------------------
Omar Siddiqui
Motorrad Sales Executive
Melbourne BMW /// Motorrad

130 City Road Southbank VIC 3006

Direct Phone: 03 9268 2206
Mob: 0413 135 080

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Donna hasnt been much help, maybe Alaska GT can help. You guys cant leave a msg like that and just leave us in the dark.

LOL Perhaps Not ...... leaves this up in the air

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Lets us know if you want company... We can all join you for the run, promise I won't slow you down too much. And my B needs a friend, he's definitely getting lonely ;)
Awwww how sad when your bike is getting lonely. lol. I might be interested in that ride also should I be welcomed aboard. I am a very old rider so being slow is part of my nature, well not quite. I just hope all this covid crap is done and dusted by then as it is a pain having restrictions on where you can ride or go through s=certain areas without having to lock yourself away for a few days or weeks.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Thanks Baz, looking fwd to it. Hopefully the Border is open.
Just got this from Southbank Motorrad this afternoon.
Hey Damian,

Hope you are doing well.

Just an update. You’ve probably already seen it on the news. Germany has gone into full lockdown and the factory is now idle.

Luckily, I can see your bike is on the ship. It left Germany on 3/12/2020 20:58:24 hours. There is no shipping ETA as yet on our system but Ill keep checking till they have one. I will let you know once I know more.

Kind Regards,

--------------------------------------------
Omar Siddiqui
Motorrad Sales Executive
Melbourne BMW /// Motorrad

130 City Road Southbank VIC 3006

Direct Phone: 03 9268 2206
Mob: 0413 135 080
Shipping takes about a month when things were normal the issue is once they get here to unload. Great info Omar. I wish BMW could send the remaining parts I have been waiting on and my dealership has put in for the fast track of the parts to get here but to date nothing has been delivered.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Awwww how sad when your bike is getting lonely. lol. I might be interested in that ride also should I be welcomed aboard. I am a very old rider so being slow is part of my nature, well not quite. I just hope all this covid crap is done and dusted by then as it is a pain having restrictions on where you can ride or go through s=certain areas without having to lock yourself away for a few days or weeks.
Of coarse you guys are welcome, if Donna jumps on my new B can have a chat to her B. There could be a language issue tho, my bike will only have been in Aust for a couple of weeks, my bike might still only speak German.
A couple of us might leave a day or 2 earlier, to do a bit more riding around there and meet the riders at Jindabyne Pub to continue with the group towards the coast.
I sent your ride recommendations to the organiser so he can put it in the map. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Shipping takes about a month when things were normal the issue is once they get here to unload. Great info Omar. I wish BMW could send the remaining parts I have been waiting on and my dealership has put in for the fast track of the parts to get here but to date nothing has been delivered.
Been a long drawn out process Geoff, at least your back on the bike. I’ve only got back on road bikes the last 2 > 3yrs. I do feel as though dealers and bike mechanics don’t show much urgency as they assume most people have other transport means.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Been a long drawn out process Geoff, at least your back on the bike. I’ve only got back on road bikes the last 2 > 3yrs. I do feel as though dealers and bike mechanics don’t show much urgency as they assume most people have other transport means.
I do agree and in fact, if I had not pushed as I did I would have still been waiting. The bike still needs 2 parts that are on their way from Germany. Plus I am not happy with the dealership's painter so getting him to redo the top case it is nowhere a good job. If I was able to get my mate to paint it then it would have been done correctly. Anyway, I am not allowing them to settle on a slack job even tho most guys might be happy with the paint finish. I am a fussy old fart but they charged the insurance company heaps I would imagine so it will be the way I want it.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Of coarse you guys are welcome, if Donna jumps on my new B can have a chat to her B. There could be a language issue tho, my bike will only have been in Aust for a couple of weeks, my bike might still only speak German.
A couple of us might leave a day or 2 earlier, to do a bit more riding around there and meet the riders at Jindabyne Pub to continue with the group towards the coast.
I sent your ride recommendations to the organiser so he can put it in the map. Thanks for the info.
Then both your bikes will B happy lol :cool::unsure::sneaky::rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 78 Posts