BMW K1600 Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Damian, Don't stress they will get their painter onto it asap and this time it best is right or I am off to the insurance company with a quote from my mate who painted my Victory and did a fantastic job not the second or third time but from scratch. He's a proud owner-manager of his shop and keeps his finger on things. I wish they sent the parts to him in the first place but you have to go with the guys that are fixing the bike and hope they are on top of things.
A few photos of my Victory my mate did, as an example of the great work he does. from standard to custom work.
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_2489.JPG
IMG_0386.jpg

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Damian, Don't stress they will get their painter onto it asap and this time it best is right or I am off to the insurance company with a quote from my mate who painted my Victory and did a fantastic job not the second or third time but from scratch. He's a proud owner-manager of his shop and keeps his finger on things. I wish they sent the parts to him in the first place but you have to go with the guys that are fixing the bike and hope they are on top of things.
A few photos of my Victory my mate did, as an example of the great work he does. from standard to custom work.
View attachment 148628 View attachment 148629 View attachment 148630 View attachment 148631
That’s a very nice bike, looks great. Do you still have it ?

I just got back from a ride with a mate who just got his lic. Teaching him how to ride correctly. He’s very very green , so I have to be patient.
Took him from Emerald, Gembrook , Warburton, Reefton, Marysville down the Black Spur to Healesville across to Woori Yallock back to Emerald. Heaps of bikes in Marysville when we had lunch at the bakery. I took him up Mt Donna Buang to teach how to ride in corners, his vision at the moment is just at the front of his bike, getting him to look through the corner.
Lol long day but he’s improving

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
That’s a very nice bike, looks great. Do you still have it ?

I just got back from a ride with a mate who just got his lic. Teaching him how to ride correctly. He’s very very green , so I have to be patient.
Took him from Emerald, Gembrook , Warburton, Reefton, Marysville down the Black Spur to Healesville across to Woori Yallock back to Emerald. Heaps of bikes in Marysville when we had lunch at the bakery. I took him up Mt Donna Buang to teach how to ride in corners, his vision at the moment is just at the front of his bike, getting him to look through the corner.
Lol long day but he’s improving
I sold it in 2017 sort of wished I still had it as I loved it so much. It and my Roadmaster were so comfy to ride on long trips.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Of coarse you guys are welcome, if Donna jumps on my new B can have a chat to her B. There could be a language issue tho, my bike will only have been in Aust for a couple of weeks, my bike might still only speak German.
A couple of us might leave a day or 2 earlier, to do a bit more riding around there and meet the riders at Jindabyne Pub to continue with the group towards the coast.
I sent your ride recommendations to the organiser so he can put it in the map. Thanks for the info.
Can you lot in NSW keep Orange and Green Zones please. Don’t stuff up my ride, it’s the last big ride I can do until October.
Donna your the lady of Authority, can you please keep NSW safe for us debugged Victorians. 1mth ago we were bugged up, it’s amazing how it changes.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Can you lot in NSW keep Orange and Green Zones please. Don’t stuff up my ride, it’s the last big ride I can do until October.
Donna your the lady of Authority, can you please keep NSW safe for us debugged Victorians. 1mth ago we were bugged up, it’s amazing how it changes.
Funny Damian, I can remember when the roles were reversed, sadly people are people with most trying to do the right thing but then you get the ones that think they are the only ones that have to share our wonderful country. I know it hard to pan a ride anywhere these days without having the worry of going through an area that has restrictions on what you are allowed to do. I am so glad that I am not a young person growing up in this mad world, as they face a tuff future. I hope you get your rides in and be safe doing it. I loved the Black Spur and that area of Victoria you mentioned above, so I am crossing my fingers to be able to get down there again sometime soon.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Funny Damian, I can remember when the roles were reversed, sadly people are people with most trying to do the right thing but then you get the ones that think they are the only ones that have to share our wonderful country. I know it hard to pan a ride anywhere these days without having the worry of going through an area that has restrictions on what you are allowed to do. I am so glad that I am not a young person growing up in this mad world, as they face a tuff future. I hope you get your rides in and be safe doing it. I loved the Black Spur and that area of Victoria you mentioned above, so I am crossing my fingers to be able to get down there again sometime soon.
Hi Geoff
We should all be so proud how we are controlling the Covid issue. Doing the hard yards is worth the effort , i know its tough ( I have 30 plumbers as employees and another 10 various trades who i directly employ plus my Office staff ), during lockdown it was tough to manage. BUT i would do it again in a heartbeat to make sure we control this Covid situation.
Its not hard to wear a mask from time to time and live ya life within advised parameter's. Doing this saves so many other consequences, that we see in other countries.

Sorry Just Voicing My Opinion , I know others have different views and thats fine. Mine is as above.

I usually go for a Golf Trip with a group of mates in February ( we were heading to the Gold Coast this year ) but we have cancelled it. So i spoke to a few of the Lads who do both Bike/Golf like i do and we have decided to do this Bike Ride instead in March.

Im a little bit younger than you Geoff, I have 4 adult lads ( eldest is 31yr to youngest 24yrs ) They all live good balanced lives, work, sport, lol girlfriends and mates. I see the issues with social media that we didnt have in our lives, it can easily effect them if they allow it. Mad Mad World is correct ( Tears for Fears were correct ) we always need to be there for balanced guidance. Weather its family, their mates or their girlfriends.

We will get the ride done, if we have issues with the Border, we will Zig Zag through the Eastern side of Victoria. BUT I AM DETIRMINED TO DO THAT SNOWY WAY HWY again. This time on the new B instead of the GS. So far ( since i got back on the bikes ), that's the best road i have ridden. A couple of us got a wriggle along on it, from time to time which was a bit of fun.

Santa Where's My Bike ?

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
Damian, let us know when your bikes arrives here along with some photos, please.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Damian, let us know when your bikes arrives here along with some photos, please.
I will no doubt.
I feel a bit bad about my Avatar at the moment, all you guys have ya bikes and Mine is 1 of my dogs. I thought it wouldn’t be appropriate to put my GS 1250 r as the Avatar on K1600 forum.
I will do a photo before it is parked in the shed for my play day, and a after my play day in the shed putting the new bits and pieces on.

I can’t wait for this ride in March, I will be interested how the B goes in the hills compared to the GS. I love my GS it handles amazingly in the tight hill roads, it will be good to compare.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will no doubt.
I feel a bit bad about my Avatar at the moment, all you guys have ya bikes and Mine is 1 of my dogs. I thought it wouldn’t be appropriate to put my GS 1250 r as the Avatar on K1600 forum.
I will do a photo before it is parked in the shed for my play day, and a after my play day in the shed putting the new bits and pieces on.

I can’t wait for this ride in March, I will be interested how the B goes in the hills compared to the GS. I love my GS it handles amazingly in the tight hill roads, it will be good to compare.
My GS always impresses me in the tight stuff as well, even with TKC 80's on it.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
My GS always impresses me in the tight stuff as well, even with TKC 80's on it.
Hi Baz
How do they compare in the tight roads. K to GS ? As I haven’t ridden a K hard in tight stuff yet.
The GS 1250 is quick, i think it helps with my size to be able to throw it around. It’s a big bike

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Baz
How do they compare in the tight roads. K to GS ? As I haven’t ridden a K hard in tight stuff yet.
The GS 1250 is quick, i think it helps with my size to be able to throw it around. It’s a big bike
Hi Damo, the lard arse K is surprisingly nimble in the tight stuff but is not a match for the GS "(in my opinion)" even though as I said mine has knobbies and is the tall suspension model.

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Hi Damo, the lard arse K is surprisingly nimble in the tight stuff but is not a match for the GS "(in my opinion)" even though as I said mine has knobbies and is the tall suspension model.
Hi Baz
This is mine, what's your model

Attachments

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
It's set up mainly road, got 80/20 tires that are ok on gentle dirt roads and tracks.
On this ride in March my neighbor will take my GS , he rides a VRod but hates coming last all the time in the hills.
So maybe I get the best of both worlds, I will give him the B in the hills so I can play on the GS, then swap on the open sweeping roads back on the B

·
Preema
1,117 Posts
Them’s fightin’ words.... Hold my beer!

·
Registered
Waiting for my K1600 B
75 Posts
Baz Nice Bike its a ripper , bit more off road than mine

We better stop putting 2nd bike photo's on here. That is also directed at you Geoff ( Victory photo's ). LOL my photo isnt 2nd bike yet Im still waiting on Santa remember

We better watch out Donna is grumpy. I don't want to be in a fight.

Sorry for instigating this, i take full responsibility.

·
Upside Down
1,834 Posts
I will no doubt.

Mine has Kanagroos so don't feel bad at all. If you do hop over to your local pet store and feed your dogs Kangaroo meat lol. It won't change much but your dogs will be leaner for the experience.:unsure:

61 - 78 of 78 Posts