BMW K1600 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW K1600b Grand America
386 Posts
YES, dealer no-cost option. Or aftermarket swap. They are on my B/GA and I prefer the look.

Shown below when I was installing HeliBar risers.

Wheel Car Vehicle Speedometer White

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for sharing this info, gentlemen. I also prefer the look as they were on my 2016 GT but now I have a 2019 Bagger with the black bars. If I can find a set of the forged bars are they just bolt-on easy for installation? And I guess Heli-risers can be added if needed. How do they affect the handlebar controls relative to the black bar on the Bagger? Thanks again,
Dfinkelsteinmd

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts
The forged aluminum bars from 2016 or older have the same basic size and shape . They will bolt right on to your steering bridge. However the controls need to be modified slightly to fit. The 2017 and up have more switches due to reverse being added. If you are up for modifying them you can use any bars from 2011 till 2016. I bought a set from ebay from a 2013 GTL and got them to fit my 2018 Grand America. Saved hundreds by doing it that way. My pullback risers fit all years of forged bars for GT, GTL, GTLE, and Grand America. The angle of the controls changes slightly from the black tubular bars.

·
Premium Member
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
It seems the forged bars our not really standard on the B. Most of the ones I see have the black tubular bars even some grand Americans now….. personally I like the Forged bars much better. The tubular bars look like they should be on a dirtbike. Lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts