BMW K1600 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bar end weights on my 18 B are chrome. I want black ones. I know the GT comes with black, but BMW wants $52 ea. There are universal options for under $50. Has anyone used them? I can't find any that are as heavy as the stock ones. All the aftermarket appear much shorter. I found some carbon fiber ones on Revzilla, but I don't think they are compatible.

I know I can sand/paint the stock pieces, and I may end up going that route. I would like to exhaust better looking options before I do that.

Anyone have options that work for $50 or less?

Zach

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I used these on my FJR

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the Moshe review of the HVMP items in my search on this site prior to my post. They would be $94 in black. Was hoping there was a more economical option out there.

Zach

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't want any chrome on my '19 B, so I opted for the black Lidock bar ends. Cost was just North of a Benjamin but now I have an easy safe way of storing my AGV helmet that doesn't fit in the panniers.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
This is what I have, the extra heavy ends.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
I sent an email to HVMP and they responded :

Victor,

They will fit the later GTL. I amended the listing. I’m not sure why it was limited to 2016. That was an error. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for your interest in HVMP.

Order Up!!

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
I sent an email to HVMP and they responded :

Victor,

They will fit the later GTL. I amended the listing. I’m not sure why it was limited to 2016. That was an error. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for your interest in HVMP.

Order Up!!
And I see you have another post with a 10% discount code! HVMP10, so good on ya!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I sent mine to a powder coating outfit I found on Facebook that I've used for years to coat chrome things black, first on my Harley and now on my BMW. He did the bar ends for $30 which included return shipping, and the turn around for my shipping to him and return shipping to me took about a week and a half. His name is Darly, he's located in Woodstock, GA. his website is

www.dtechcoatings.com

If you go to his gallery, that first red and black Ultra Limited was mine...until I sold it 2 years ago to buy the GTL 😁

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the black ones from the GT on my bike. If I could find carbon fiber ones that would fit I would sell you mine at a great price. Where did you see those?
They were on Revzilla. I'm pretty sure they will not work on our bikes. They say universal, but our bikes are a little different. Most bar end weights use a rubber piece that slides into the bar. When you tighten the screw the rubber expands locking the weight in place. On our bikes, when you remove the weight there is another part inside the bar, so the aftermarket weight would not be able to slide in. I'm hesitant to remove the extra piece. It may have something to do with the throttle by wire on our bikes. Not sure.

Zach

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I sent mine to a powder coating outfit I found on Facebook that I've used for years to coat chrome things black, first on my Harley and now on my BMW. He did the bar ends for $30 which included return shipping, and the turn around for my shipping to him and return shipping to me took about a week and a half. His name is Darly, he's located in Woodstock, GA. his website is

www.dtechcoatings.com

If you go to his gallery, that first red and black Ultra Limited was mine...until I sold it 2 years ago to buy the GTL 😁
That's a good price. I can't find a PC shop local to me that is open right now. Apparently they aren't "essential". Scuff and paint looks like my option right now.

Zach

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didn't want any chrome on my '19 B, so I opted for the black Lidock bar ends. Cost was just North of a Benjamin but now I have an easy safe way of storing my AGV helmet that doesn't fit in the panniers.
Is there an issue with the helmet contacting the tank?

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
+1 on the HVMP bar end weights. I replaced mine when I suddenly realized the I had lost the OEM LHS bar end weight.

No problem with the HVMP bar end weights hitting the tank with my 2015 GT

·
Registered
17 Posts
I removed my chrome ones, sanded them down and painted them satin black.
rustoleum spray can.
Looks like factory finish.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 2016 came with Lidlox ends, which I never use. They are also fairly light, so the handlebars do vibrate a bit.

HVMP weights are 17oz? Nice! I ordered a set. Thanks to everyone who talked about them (and posted the HVMP10 discount code)!

---David

1 - 20 of 22 Posts